Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
PSA regarding pesach help
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:24 am
Totally disagree with you that hashgacha pratis stories are about happy endings. Totally the opposite of emunah and bitachon. You have to flex your bitachon muscles despite the fact that you don't get what you decided that you need in the end. Hashem knows whats best for us and gives us accordingly. Whether our human eyes can see it or not. Of course it's great when you get your happy ending. However, we get schar for trusting in Hashem despite the not happy endings.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 10:04 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
And that is why I don't listen to these bitachon hotlines. I think their approach is wrong. In fact, I don't even understand logically how that works.

It's all very nice that Mr. X had a child after waiting 20 years, but do you think the Chazon Ish, the Satmar Rebbe and the Lubavitcher Rebbe were not great enough?

ETA: the real way to look at bitachon is to see the positive even when it seems bad. Because everything Hashem does is ultimately for the good.

Also, to explain why we daven for parnasa, health etc... we do our hishtadlus and we daven. It is only AFTERWARDS, when we tried our best and it didn't work out, that we can say it was for the good.

And btw I know people IRL who had emunah and bitachon and davened... and nada. These real life stories don't make it to the bitachon hotline, which can be deceiving.

I can agree with what your saying. I appreciate your response.

As to the bolded, they not only don't make it the the bitochon hotline, they also don't make it to imamother. Here's several hashgacha pratis threads. I don't think there's a single ima who posted anything but a happy ending hashgacha pratis story.

That's why I have a hard time believing that most ima's (or most anyone) believe anything other than emunah leads to good outcomes. Why wouldn't they? All the popular living emunah books have good outcomes. All the hotline call in stories have good outcomes. I think children are taught this way as well. We are taught to trust and rely on hashem. We've heard that since we were little. Trust and rely that what? That even if there's no money, no shiduchim, and lots of tzar it's good? Is that what kids are learning in elementary school? I doubt it.

And I think for some (like me) what happens is that when I get older and start to think, I feel like it was a big lie. I was trained to believe something that isn't true. If people really realize that emunah isn't about good outcomes why isn't there any stories on these threads indicating this?

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....38716

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....57875

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....54593

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 1:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
Everyone has to do hishtadlus. I agree.
Most people do their best. Here and there there are a few lazy people but most try very hard to make a parnassa.
The point of my OP was that you're not getting less because your neighbor is getting help that you feel entitled to but you didn't receive!
Everyone is getting exactly what they're supposed to get!!

I’m sorry that you’re going through a rough being time. That said, it’s easier to tell people to not be upset about not getting handouts when you are the one getting handouts.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics