Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What are you feeding baby on pesach?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:43 pm
My baby is 7 months old, she recently began eating solids. Mainly jars and oatmeal cereal. What can I feed ger on pesach? ty

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:48 pm
Banana, avocado, chicken soup, veggies from the soup, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, Zuchinni, chicken, eggs, kugel…
Basically anything that you’re going to eat

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:49 pm
amother Sienna wrote:
Banana, avocado, chicken soup, veggies from the soup, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, Zuchinni, chicken, eggs, kugel…
Basically anything that you’re going to eat

im always worried that the normal stuff we eat is too salty/ spicy? is that fine?

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
im always worried that the normal stuff we eat is too salty/ spicy? is that fine?

No! That’s how babies get used to flavor and texture!
You can leave salt out of your baby’s portion if you prefer, especially if you’re like me who likes my food really salty;)
In terms of spicy I wouldn’t give anything that’s hot or has jalapeño but spices and flavor are great for babies, she’ll probably love it.

dankbar

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:58 pm
They have kosher for passover baby cereal

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 10:09 pm
My baby eats steamed parsnips, apples, carrots, turnips, thin slices of Melon, mango rolled in coconut flakes, mashed sweet potato with cinnamon, kugel, butternut squash wedges, mashed potato from meat stew, mashed avocado with egg yolk, whole banana. I would like to try almond butter on pesach, some chicken, some meat, maybe liver, and pancakes made from cassava flour, eggs and bananas blended.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 10:34 am
amother Orange wrote:
My baby eats steamed parsnips, apples, carrots, turnips, thin slices of Melon, mango rolled in coconut flakes, mashed sweet potato with cinnamon, kugel, butternut squash wedges, mashed potato from meat stew, mashed avocado with egg yolk, whole banana. I would like to try almond butter on pesach, some chicken, some meat, maybe liver, and pancakes made from cassava flour, eggs and bananas blended.

Thanks! What about breakfast?

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 11:23 am
amother Sienna wrote:
No! That’s how babies get used to flavor and texture!
You can leave salt out of your baby’s portion if you prefer, especially if you’re like me who likes my food really salty;)
In terms of spicy I wouldn’t give anything that’s hot or has jalapeño but spices and flavor are great for babies, she’ll probably love it.

My last one loved pickled, hot stuff, etc at that age. I try to under salt food, I can always add to the adult portions.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 11:24 am
amother OP wrote:

Cheese, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, omelet, yogurt, cucumber sticks, avocado, bread etc

essie14

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 11:27 am
My baby ate what we ate from the time she was 6 months old, pesach or no pesach.
You can puree anything you make for yourself.
Take some chicken soup, the vegetables and some chicken and mash it all together. It's the best baby food.
Scrambled eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, blended soups.
Mashed bananas, steamed mashed apples, pears, etc.

The possibilities are endless.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 12:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
At 6.5 months old she's not eating meals yet. I try to do solids officially once a day, and the rest of the day feed her little tastes of whatever. All the foods I listed are nutrient dense and can work at any time of the day. Egg and avocado, omelets strips, pancakes, banana and almond butter are all good breakfast options imo.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics