Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is virgin hair worth the expense?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 6:58 am
I have processed wigs. My own hair is processed because it’s highlighted. I cannot afford a new wig for a long time. But I felt my friend’s virgin hair wig and I was shocked by the difference. My friend’s daughter is taking a Shaitel course and she told me it’s such a huge difference in quality. She also told me that wefted wigs are much less natural than where the hairs are sewn individually.

So how much of this is true? Because I see on Instagram custom wig makers who do virgin hair only and no wefts and I’m stunned by the beauty. It’s hard to not feel like I’m wearing a mop after I see those.

If I had the funds I probably would get one one day, but I’m curious if that’s worth it. I disagree with overpaying for processed wigs-I was quoted a very high price for a processed wig somewhere and I didn’t get it. But genuine quality is different.

sv9506

Post Sat, May 11 2024, 6:40 pm
Prior to COVID, I bought a high quality virgin hair wig and you absolutely cannot compare the hair to processed wigs. The hair is literally like butter. Also - it always looks good. I never worry about getting caught in the rain because it dries with a perfect light wave. After four years the back started to knot and feel rougher so I got it deep conditioned before Pesach and it feels as good as new (the rest of the wig was fine but that part always brushes against collars, coats and gets sweaty). The only thing is that wig pricing has gone up so much that to buy the same wig now by the same company would be almost double the price. Also - even with high quality brands you can still get a lemon.

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 7:04 am
If you like the color as is plus don't plan on keeping it for decades no

amother
Broom

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 10:36 am
I got a virgin hair wig 10 years ago when I got married. At this point it's starting to fall apart. I absolutely loved it but don't think I can afford another virgin hair now
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels