Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Im fat and suffer from hyperhidrosis but need to look decent

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 11:28 pm
I am a tall plus size woman with a pear shaped body, I dress tznius but only wear black for years I have never ever worn another color it became so ingrained in me for fear of seeing my sweat. It doesnt have an odor just very very wet. I did botox in the hands and feet but it did not help. The only option is surgery which I can not do now. Maybe one day when my kids are older. I look shleppy in long long skirts but cant wear panty hose with short skirts since the second I put them on I sweat even more and my feet are swelling all day. SO I wear leggins with thin black cotton socks so it looks seamless like I am wearing black tights. I do this in the winter as well but with boots obviously it works better. In the summer I feel like I look amish. I feel like I am punished every which way, Plus size, tsnius and suffering from hyperhidrosis. Obviously this affect my self confidence. I just want to look nice. What do I do?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 11:52 pm
Have you tried glycopyrolate? DD has the same problems and she takes it. Just be careful to drink a ton because it dries you up to the point of dehydration. Skip some days if you won’t need it. DD went back to wearing light colored tshirts (with underarm shields) but she isn’t feeling like the people whose hands she’s holding at weddings are disgusted from her.

Hatzlacha.

amother
Snow

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 11:55 pm
I swear a lot too, borderline becoming an issue, and I find that wearing cotton shorts and nylon knee highs is fine. So I wear the memoi nude knee highs and can wear nice skirts in a midi or maxi length.
I'm very careful with my exercise when it's hot out because I sweat so much I'll have a wet tee after a block

BPmom4

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 11:56 pm
Great plus size store in Boro park all my friends tell me about . I don’t know where you live but they ship and are so helpful. They see a a picture and know sizing. I believe it’s 2 sisters who own the store, great bunch

btov

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 12:01 am
BPmom4 wrote:
Great plus size store in Boro park all my friends tell me about . I don’t know where you live but they ship and are so helpful. They see a a picture and know sizing. I believe it’s 2 sisters who own the store, great bunch

Do you have the store name and address?

BPmom4

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 12:02 am
My Dream Dress ask for idy she’s a doll to work with
1279 52 street
She makes you feel like a true princess

BPmom4

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 12:02 am
Just googled it , it’s heart of Boro park
See the bags all around they very popular. Went to many plus size stores with my friends and we only accomplish there

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 12:04 am
BPmom4 wrote:
My Dream Dress ask for idy she’s a doll to work with
1279 52 street
She makes you feel like a true princess

The owner is Blimie (they're not sisters...) and she was there the last time that I went and was amazing. She took one look at me and started handing me piles of clothing to try on . She has a good eye for knowing what looks good and suits your body size and shape.
I had a great experience at the store.

BPmom4

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 12:07 am
I go in so many times I thought they sisters

BPmom4

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 12:07 am
They both great to work with

BPmom4

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 10:53 am
amother Ebony wrote:
The owner is Blimie (they're not sisters...) and she was there the last time that I went and was amazing. She took one look at me and started handing me piles of clothing to try on . She has a good eye for knowing what looks good and suits your body size and shape.
I had a great experience at the store.

Just spoke to my friend she said they sister

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 11:58 am
Try driclor. Works a charm

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 12:10 pm
amother Floralwhite wrote:
Have you tried glycopyrolate? DD has the same problems and she takes it. Just be careful to drink a ton because it dries you up to the point of dehydration. Skip some days if you won’t need it. DD went back to wearing light colored tshirts (with underarm shields) but she isn’t feeling like the people whose hands she’s holding at weddings are disgusted from her.

Hatzlacha.

Same with my older teen. It's like a miracle. See a dermatologist. My teen no longer suffers from constant humiliation

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 12:14 pm
BPmom4 wrote:

I don’t see a website. How do they ship?

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 12:40 pm
BPmom4 wrote:
Just spoke to my friend she said they sister

Not important, but I know both of them and their families /parents.... One of them was in my class and the other grew up in a different city (and boro!). Either way, they're both fantastic...

chili-n-cholent

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 12:47 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
Not important, but I know both of them and their families /parents.... One of them was in my class and the other grew up in a different city (and boro!). Either way, they're both fantastic...

Yup I know them both too, and no relation lol

BPmom4

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 1:05 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:
I don’t see a website. How do they ship?

They FaceTime zoom or video call?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 7:26 pm
SO I manage to find clothing in black but im looking more for ideas of how to look nice while being insanely sweaty ( think feet , hands and underarms ) For example I found a great long black dress from point collection and would love to wear it. It is not exactly long long but long enough and if I wear it with cotton socks, A- It must meet the dress so you dont see my legs but then it looks weird and B- the second my feet touch pantyhose I sweat even more. I think surgery is my only option but I am terrified and pregnant. What am I supposed to do? I cry every morning and pray my kids dont suffer like this. Yes, It impacts work as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics