Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Can you use pine nuts for R'H????

Raisin

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 3:46 pm
I made some yummy pesto, destined to be made into pesto roast potatoes. then I realised that our minhag is to not eat nuts on r'h. Do pine nuts count as nuts? Or are they more a seed?

Ima'la

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 3:48 pm
Not paskening, but...

My son is allergic to nuts. So I never bought pine nuts, until one day, I saw a package of pine nuts labeled "pine KERNELS"! Idea Idea Idea So I called up our allergist who checked and said their not nuts. (DS ate them with no problem, b"H.)

So technically speaking, I am providing a medical opinion and nothing more... Wink

Raisin

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 3:50 pm
Ima'la wrote:
Not paskening, but...

My son is allergic to nuts. So I never bought pine nuts, until one day, I saw a package of pine nuts labeled "pine KERNELS"! Idea Idea Idea So I called up our allergist who checked and said their not nuts. (DS ate them with no problem, b"H.)

So technically speaking, I am providing a medical opinion and nothing more... Wink

ok, if they are not nuts then I guess I can use them.

Clarissa

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 3:53 pm
Pine nuts are actually seeds and not nuts. If you're cooking for someone with allergies, you still need to ask about pine nuts, because some people who are allergic to other nuts can be allergic to pine nuts, as well. But they're not technically nuts themselves.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus