Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Homade Decorations

Hello Kitty

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 10:03 am
Some easy homade decrations for all ages! anybody??

tripletlyblessed

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 11:15 am
Paper chains. My girls are currently cutting some paper into pieces (good scissor practice) and we will be making collages from the pieces for the uspuzim (ala Eric Carle collages).

ss321

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 4:31 pm
Quote:
Paper chains. My girls are currently cutting some paper into pieces (good scissor practice)

agreed! the best!! what fond memories (we have been going away for succos 4 quite a few years)...when we were kids these were so much fun! so exciting to cut them out (even funner using cool scissors like the zig zag kind) and glue together all the circles
all the other decorations (aside from pictures my father bought to hang) were pretty much made in school. yonah and the whale, lulav and esrog from construction paper, etc. just be creative.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 6:12 pm
The stores have kits for children of all ages.

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 6:14 pm
Our favorite is sticking cloves into fruits, and hanging them up.

poemmom

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 7:21 pm
We are making the ones where you cut a big fruit out of 2 pieces construction paper (so you get 2 identical ones), and staple them together around the edges, stuffing a little crumpled paper inside. Before they staple, have the kids decorate the outside with paint, crayons, or glitter. Then you just punch a hole and hang them from string. These are so fun! Very Happy

Another good one, I'm not sure if this exactly counts as "homemade", but I like to save old calendars, cards, or anything else with appropriate pictures to mount on colored paper and hang in the sukkah. We had some really good ones last year which I didn't laminate properly that got completely ruined in the rain. Sad

Pizza

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 10:19 pm
We did a cool and different one a few years ago - needs adult help, tho

1. Take a pinecone and some clay (we used Israeli Das)
2. Stick a golf-ball size of clay onto the stem end of the pinecone, and form a bird-head and beak from it
3. Once the clay has dried, paint the clay and pinecone (doesnt have to be completely painted, some of the pinecone can show through)
4. Glue colored feathers (arts and crafts feathers) in the open end of the pinecone, and also on two sides (for 'wings')
5. You can also glue one little feather or some down on the bird head
6. Hang

We made about 20 of them, all different colors, and our sukka looks beautiful with them!

cubbie

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 10:31 pm
Last year we made tissue paper flowers
cut circles from different colored tissue paper
take 2 or 3 different colors put them on top of each other and pinch in the middle to make a flower shape
then use a pipe-cleaner for the stem by wrapping the end around the pinched bit.

Hello Kitty

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 11:00 pm
Thanks to all of u!!!!!!!! wow so creative!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Confused Smile Very Happy Tongue Out LOL 8) Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

bubs

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 4:55 am
Make snowflake cut outs in different colours and different sizes. Make simple cut outs. Stack them and push the cut outs through to the next colour. Looks cool and is fun for the kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics