Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Quinoa Buckwheat Pilaf

Tamiri

Post Tue, Oct 14 2008, 12:49 pm
This Pilaf was very good.

shosh

Post Tue, Oct 14 2008, 12:59 pm
Sounds really yummy! I didn't know you were an internet recipes enthusiast! I should try it too ...

Tamiri

Post Tue, Oct 14 2008, 1:09 pm
It's easier to find a recipe online which contains ingredients that I have in the house, than to go through my collection and find something worth making.
I never would have thought about combining kasha with quinoa. I wanted something "different" for the kasha and this fit the bill. I decided I would share it if it was good - and it was! It was also what I used to finish off those 3 little stalks of celery which were wilting in the veg drawer. I didn't use the peas or corn, but did use the carrot for color. Colour.

shosh

Post Tue, Oct 14 2008, 1:22 pm
I'm still working my way through the same Spice and Spirit cookbook that I received when I got married, almost 18 years ago! It's falling apart, but that book has some great recipes.

I never used to cook very much for Yom Tov - the ex was always into it. But since I bought a new oven, I've started to get loads more creative.

Last night, I made the Vegetable Meatloaf for supper. I don't know if you have the book, but I have to say it came out really good!

Tamiri

Post Tue, Oct 14 2008, 1:31 pm
I have the purple spice and spirit for about as long as when you got married. I saved up for it - it was expensive!

shosh

Post Tue, Oct 14 2008, 1:50 pm
Worth it, though!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes