Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Parenting, multiples
1  2  Next

Tefila

Post Mon, Dec 06 2004, 1:39 am
Hi is anyone out there a mother of multiples??

curlyhead

Post Wed, Dec 08 2004, 5:32 am
I have twin brothers who are 7.

SK

Post Thu, Dec 09 2004, 2:31 pm
yes - I have twins daughters aged 2.

Tefila

Post Thu, Dec 09 2004, 5:12 pm
Sk, how did you survive the early months I am wondering... juggling is a bit hard! I have a boy and girl

SK

Post Thu, Dec 09 2004, 10:00 pm
It aint easy! My motto was to try to stay calm, even if I got nothing accomplished that day.
Do you have any help?
I had help during the day for the first 9 months - was expensive but totally worth it and my house was clean.
Once they started crawling and sitting I found it to be much easier.
Now is actually when I am finding it more difficult - they want to be like their older siblings and are at a very demanding stage and not napping.
Have you heard of twinstuff.com - has a forum for parents of multiples - not jewish but many of the basic twin issues are discussed.

Tefila

Post Mon, Dec 13 2004, 11:16 pm
Thanks a million, and my sister just gave birth to twin girls, and we are told doesn't run in family... hmm now I wonder!! Smile

SK

Post Tue, Dec 14 2004, 11:47 pm
Mazal Tov -now you guys have an instant twin mom support group-are they identical or fraternal?
I think fraternal does run in families - even though I am the first in mine (and I have gotten all my sisters worried that they will have twins)
But I really see the double nachas (in between the dbl trouble) I think I was prepared for it to be SO hard(and it is hard- dont get me wrong), that I enjoy the enjoyable moments THAT much more.

Tefila

Post Wed, Dec 15 2004, 1:15 am
Quote:
fraternal?

Interesting boy and girl twins can only be fraternal. Has to be atleast same gender to even be considered identical. My sisters too are fraternal Exclamation so now we are digging harder in our family tree Wink
I heard once you have one set you are 4times more likely for it to happen again.... did you know that Surprised

SK

Post Wed, Dec 15 2004, 12:04 pm
Smile Yes I know !
silly question about fraternal - I forgot you had a girl and boy - I saw your sister had twin girls!. People ask me all the time if mine are identical and I say - you tell me...(one is blond/blue and curly hair/ the other is straight and brown/brown) I guess its similar to the 'is it a boy' question when your baby is all dressed in pink.
Still you get at least double the amount of silly questions from ppl when you go out (my favorite- how many months apart are they?? um lets see...like 5 months.)

Tefila

Post Wed, Dec 15 2004, 12:19 pm
Or are they both yours?? Are they twins?? Wow a boy a girl your family is complete Rolling Eyes .... usually I am tempted to tell them well I have 5 others but I don't want to share that with strangers. Both of mine now are baldys however my daughter the younger and more petite twin has blue eyes and mt son has brown eyes and looks way bigger then her. Noone would believe I feed them the same... most times I dress them in brother sister outfits thanks to friends and family!

supermom

Post Thu, Dec 16 2004, 5:20 pm
A friend of mine has five kids under the age of three
twin boys
a year later..
a girl
a year later..
twin girls
her solution she had her sister move in with her, and she moved next door to her parents for extra help and support.

Tefila

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 4:35 pm
R u serious shock Ka"h Very Happy

raizy

Post Sun, May 22 2005, 2:36 am
my mother had 6 kids in four yrs. 4 ,3 ,2, 1, twins girls. one blond and one black hair. number 2 and 1 were born in the same year.

and I say I have quads only they are all different ages. 5.5 4.5 3. and one year

what is the difference if they are together in one shot or they are spread out so close in age. you are constanly running from one to the other. the only difference is that if they are together pple are running head over heals to help you and when you are haveing the 4 kid in 4 yrs no one give u a glance. ooh the mother is tired maybe it would be nice to take out her kids and give her a few hrs of rest.

Pearl

Post Mon, May 23 2005, 8:42 am
very true, raizy!

so, how are you coping freilich? my sis has twins (girls), almost 4yrs. she's a single mom, so it's tough.

Pearl

Post Mon, May 23 2005, 9:46 am
no, not really......

Tefila

Post Fri, May 27 2005, 8:11 pm
All I can say Pearl is B"h for husbands Smile

supermom

Post Sun, May 29 2005, 5:56 am
just got news that my cousin is pregnant with twins. it runs in the family from my grandmothers side. I don't know if I would be ever able to carry let alone take care of twins. freilich how did you cope mentally with the fact that you were carrying twins it is not a shocker and hard?

Tefila

Post Sun, May 29 2005, 10:30 am
Actually I feel truly blessed and one of each is the strawberry ontop of the cream cake. Wink I can't imagine whats it's like anymore to raise one!

They entertain each other so don't need me constantly. It's not easy but I juggle aroung them, I find being calm and not rushed lets you enjoy whatever Hashem gives you.
That is why I stopped alot of my activites outside the home this year. To truly enjoy them. And I thank Hashem everyday of giving me a life to nurture.... not one but two Exclamation

Pearl

Post Mon, May 30 2005, 3:54 am
freilich, you truly are inspirational!

curly

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 11:35 pm
wow! I read an articule about a couple who had three sets of twins. The first was the husbands sister but after she gave birth she was not well so they took them in. Then a year later they adopted them. The first set was girls. The next set was theirs. they were boy, girl twin. The third set were twin boys also their own. The mother writes in the article that she was happy that the last set was twin so that they would not feel left out.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics