Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
What camera would you recomment and why?

Chanie

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 1:58 pm
I want to buy myself a good camera, better then the standard Digital. I dont want an slr but want a camera that has great zoom and many features.. like fading the background etc. and be not too hard to learn.
Would love to hear about what camera you're using and whether you like it or not and why.
Thanks everyone.

KiKi

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 2:01 pm
We just purchased the Canon SD750 and very happy with it so far! I did lots of research before... Having a brother-n-law who works in the camera field, he strongly recommended it. Its got a lot of features and takes very clear pictures. G-luck!

KiKi

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 2:04 pm
Forgot to mention the gr8 price as one of its features! U can read the reviews on it, they're absolutely gr8! Another lead: browse thru this website: dpreviews.com - has reviews on all cameras...

Chanie

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 2:04 pm
Thats a standard digital with 3x optical zoom... I'm specifically looking for something that I can get proffessional quality fun candid pictures of my kids (and my cakes).. But not ready to buy a SLR.

The digital I have now is actually a SD and I'm happy with it but now I want something more.

Chanie

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 2:09 pm
KiKi wrote:
Another lead: browse thru this website: dpreviews.com - has reviews on all cameras...

Checked it out, its an interior decorater review website. (interesting, but not much help on this subject)

square_peg

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 5:09 pm
Get an advanced point-and-shoot... I dont know which specific cameras, but definately stick to Canon or Nikon...
The Canon Powershot G10 has great reviews!

Zahava

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 8:44 pm
Chanie wrote:
I want to buy myself a good camera, better then the standard Digital. I dont want an slr but want a camera that has great zoom and many features.. like fading the background etc. and be not too hard to learn.
Would love to hear about what camera you're using and whether you like it or not and why.
Thanks everyone.

You'll never get the same amount of blur from a p&s as you will from an SLR due to the different sizes of their sensors. Having said that, the canon A series gives you complete control over aperture, etc., but it's a standard zoom lens. I have the S5 which I love, I'm not sure what it's replacement is called, possibly SX10. I know the SX100 was a great camera with a large zoom but no viewfinder, only an LCD.

Can't tell you much about Nikon, I'm a Canon person.

Good luck.

PS. You can get great deals on Canon and Nikon entry level DSLRs right now, and it ends up not being that much more than a super zoom, so check around.

shayna82

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 9:33 pm
we just got a panasonic lumanix , it has great video that hubby said is dvd quality and it takes sharp quick pictures. it was under $200 online somewhere

PIP

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 10:12 pm
You can have my Dslr for $290 (no lens).
It's about 2 years old and in great condition. I'm upgrading and looking to sell mine- I love that camera!
If you're interested PM me Smile

Chanie

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 10:22 pm
Anyone have an experience with a Nikon Coolpix P80. Seems to have good reviews, but would like to here imamother opinions.
I'm also still open to other options if anyone has any.
Thanks everyone for thier input so far, I am checking out all of them.

Chanie

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 10:33 pm
Zahava wrote:
PS. You can get great deals on Canon and Nikon entry level DSLRs right now, and it ends up not being that much more than a super zoom, so check around.

That might be true, but I'm a novice and might not be too easy to use an SLR, more to learn and more parts then a standard camera, also its harder to carry with you places when you have no idea which lens you will want to use.

Zahava

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 10:41 pm
PrettyInPink wrote:
You can have my Dslr for $290 (no lens).
It's about 2 years old and in great condition. I'm upgrading and looking to sell mine- I love that camera!
If you're interested PM me Smile

Which camera is that? Simply curious. I actually hope to get a DSLR in the not so distant future.

PIP

Post Fri, Dec 05 2008, 1:29 pm
It's a Nikon D50.
I knew nothing about photography when I bought it besides the fact that I wanted to learn. It is so user friendly, very easy to work with the settings. I think it got rated easiest SLR to use for beginners.

You could get a 28-80mm lens for pretty cheap (considering the prices for lenses) Which has a good enough zoom, and has wide lens in one lens! That's what I would get as a first lens.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art