Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Hair whorls

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 5:41 am
Anyone hear of the old-wives' tail that the direction of hair whorls (the way the hair grow in a circular pattern at the back of the head, most recognisable in babies) is an indication of the gender your next child will be... and that if there are 2 whorls (which can totally happen) it means you'll have twins?
Of course, there is no genetic basis for this, but did any of you notice this?

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 25 2019, 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

zaq

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 9:40 am
No.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 9:49 am
Honestly, the only thing I've ever heard about hair whorls is that, in men, the direction of the hair whorl can indicate homosexuality. It may be complete baloney, but it's being studied.

sunshine!

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 9:59 am
My daughter has two whorls, and when I took her to get a haircut, the lady kidded me that I was going to have twins next. Rubbish and baloney. I checked my sono pic thoroughly and only see one!

GAMZu

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 12:52 pm
Both my boys have 2, DH and I have 2, but my daughter has one. What

challi

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 1:04 pm
one of my kids has 3!!! but no triplets, the other only has 1. I think the only thing having multiple whirls means is unruly haqir. I makes it tough to keep it nice and tidy looking.

My kid with 3 the hair grow in so many direction it almost looks like a nest, poor kid!

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 12:30 pm
ChSh wrote:
Anyone hear of the old-wives' tail that the direction of hair whorls (the way the hair grow in a circular pattern at the back of the head, most recognisable in babies) is an indication of the gender your next child will be... and that if there are 2 whorls (which can totally happen) it means you'll have twins?
Of course, there is no genetic basis for this, but did any of you notice this?
if this is the case I should have 4 sets of twins. My MIL should have 3 sets, and my mother should have 1 set. No twins...next old wives tale up for debunking?

Rolling Eyes

greentiger

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 12:44 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Honestly, the only thing I've ever heard about hair whorls is that, in men, the direction of the hair whorl can indicate homosexuality. It may be complete baloney, but it's being studied.

Heard about that too.

Aribenj

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 4:45 pm
I've heard of the shpitz at the nape of the neck indicates your next baby will be a boy and if there's no shpitz then your next will be a girl.

Who knows...

4c

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 6:26 pm
OH MY GOSH! I've never heard of it...but it sure did happen to me! My second child has two whorls, and surprise, surprise, I had twins next. That is too funny! Gotta go tell my husband this one.

(Big relief though, the twins each have only one.)

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 6:33 pm
No.. but I DID hear that serious chocolate cravings will bring a very bright and loving baby...

toastedbagel

Post Sun, Mar 01 2009, 7:12 pm
lol, someone was trying to tell me that it indicated gender - if centered, next will be a boy, if off to the side, will be a girl (was trying to tell me I would have a girl next as toddler's whorl is on side)
I tried to debunk it by saying my oldest has a double, and she said is he the older of twins - he is - so she said of course, the double is cuz another kid was coming along with him, lol.
it's absolute hogwash - gender is determined by chromosomes from the FATHER, according to science at least, and gemara has other things to say about it, but either way, your kid's hair has no way of knowing what is going to happen next time you conceive!

funmom

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 4:35 pm
my son has two swirls on the back of his head and my next were twins

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 4:42 pm
double whorls means you're a smarty pants ... Study
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more