Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Need help in decision making about where to live.
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Tue, Jan 31 2006, 9:31 pm
Original Amother:

Is there anyone from Cleveland that I can email if I have any questions? Because my DH and I are thinking about it. If there is anyone else out there that can tell me about the place where they live please post. Thanks in advance

Mandy

Post Tue, Jan 31 2006, 9:37 pm
yes, I know some people who live in Cleveland. I think there is a whole separate thread about it, if I'm not mistaken. PM me with your email address and I'll ask someone to get in touch with you.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 31 2006, 9:43 pm
original amother:

thank you very much!!!

miriam

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 9:38 am
Are u lubavitch?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 10:08 am
What do you and your husband do; isn’t parnossah something to consider, besides tuition and homes? And what about your extended family; do you have any?

amother

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 10:16 am
amother wrote:
We're also in the process of looking to move. We're in Baltimore now. It's a nice place for the RIGHT family. We're looking at a few communities. If you'd like to e-mail me at baltimoremom@hotmail.com we can swap info. Lots of luck!

I am going to email you to have you tell the original amother NOT to consider my community... Confused

amother

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 11:34 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
We're also in the process of looking to move. We're in Baltimore now. It's a nice place for the RIGHT family. We're looking at a few communities. If you'd like to e-mail me at baltimoremom@hotmail.com we can swap info. Lots of luck!

I am going to email you to have you tell the original amother NOT to consider my community... Confused

Like I said, we're looking to leave Baltimore. We don't like it, but many people do. It's hard to bash a community 'cuz obviously it would not exist if everyone hated it. I personally don't like Monsey either; it's also expensive There are no ideal communities. It very much depends on what she is looking for. E-mail me me and we could bash Baltimore together, lol.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 1:14 pm
miriam wrote:
Are u lubavitch?

yes, but I dont care about the schooling for my kids if it is lubavitch or not.

Quote:
What do you and your husband do; isn’t parnossah something to consider, besides tuition and homes? And what about your extended family; do you have any?

Of course parnasah is a big deal, thats why in my previous posts I said about good jobs for DH. About my extended family it doesnt matter if I leave them or not. My DH doesnt care either.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 1:16 pm
Quote:
I am going to email you to have you tell the original amother NOT to consider my community...

im the original amother: hu?!? Confused

amother

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 1:25 pm
She must have thought u e-mailed me, so she was said she was gonna e-mail me something to forward to you. Not that you e-mailed me, but anyways.......... Smile

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 1:50 pm
I do love C.H. but it is expensive. I wish I could live in Baltimore ; it's nearish to my family but I know we wouldn't be happy there.

At one point we were interestred in Monsey but it's crazy expensive too, - and not that near to jobs in the city.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 2:19 pm
amother wrote:
She must have thought u e-mailed me, so she was said she was gonna e-mail me something to forward to you. Not that you e-mailed me, but anyways.......... Smile

what is so bad about baltimore?

sheshycoco

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 2:28 pm
Im not interested in CH, I think it's a horrible community in general, even though my friends and clients are very nice people, once my kids go to school, they'll be a problem. Right now we're here and happy for now, but hopefully not for too much longer.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 2:29 pm
Do you live on a nice block? Have good friends and shiurim?

It's not all about gashmius, you know.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 2:42 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:
I am going to email you to have you tell the original amother NOT to consider my community...

I want to stay anonymous here, but email baltimore mom if you want the info I sent her! (What I sent her is NOT about Baltimore!)

amother

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 2:45 pm
SaraG wrote:
Do you live on a nice block? Have good friends and shiurim?

It's not all about gashmius, you know.

BH I live on a nice block, I just have aquantances where I live. I am not that close to my family, neither my DH. THere is shiurim where I live but I dont happen to go because of personal situations. (I dont want to give too much info because some people know me here) I know its not only gashmius. I want to go into a place where there is a good kind community, where there are classes for both men and women. There are minyanim for my DH to go every morning. My DH and I need a different change in our lives. He needs a place that he will be happy and look forward to get up and go to shul in the morning. My DH goes BH but he has no motivation.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 2:46 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Quote:

I want to stay anonymous here, but email baltimore mom if you want the info I sent her! (What I sent her is NOT about Baltimore!)

I will email her, just the site has been down a whole day yesterday so I didnt get a chance to do so.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 3:07 pm
C.H. has everything; I've visited Money, Passaic, even Pittsburgh, and they don't offer the shiurim and the variety of minyamin they we have.

It's too bad it's not working for you.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 3:12 pm
NY is very expensive for tuition, I know it has alot of ruchnius there because thats where the Rebbe is. Food is cheaper than where I live, schooling is more expensive, there is more job opportunites there than where I live. We are still looking around,

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 3:33 pm
But NY salaries are higher.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics