Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Do no-bake desserts exist?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Jan 19 2009, 3:09 pm
You can look up a recipe for no bake cheesecake. Those exist.

Chani

Post Mon, Jan 19 2009, 6:02 pm
trifle - tear up sponge cake (which you can probably buy at the grocery store already made) layer with pie filling, chocolate sauce and whipped cream in a trifle bowl or other deep bowl.

shanie5

Post Mon, Jan 19 2009, 10:50 pm
custard pie-contains raw eggs, but nothings perfect........

1 instant vanilla pudding
1 richs whip

whip together.

add 2 raw eggs

whip till smooth

pour into graham cracker crust.

can top w/ melted choc, or canned fruit (like mandarin oranges) or pie filling

Imaonwheels

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 1:25 am
Belgian chocolate and strong coffee. Simple and delish!

By famous cheese cake.

Line pan on bottom and sides with biscuits (petit beurre, tea biscuits, graham) or crumbs.

In a bowl mix:
1 500g white soft cheese, not salty
2 sour cream (about 500 ml)
1 plain bio creamy yogurt
2 packages of instant vanilla pudding

Put half in the crust and put a layer of biscuits on it. Put other half and then another layer of biscuits
Top with another 250 creamy yogurt
Crumble biscuit crumbs on top

You can make this as rich (and tasty) as you want by using different milk products. Almost anything can be thrown into this.

You can also vary the taste by mixing in strawberries or other fruit. Use pudding with nuts or choclate flakes.
I also spread dulce de leche on the bottom and middle layers.

This goes far because it is heavy, great for kiddush in shul or large families. A piece of this with a small glass of frangelico motzie Shabbos and you sleep very well. Oh, and you also can put hazelnut butter instead of dolce de leche.

I had in a fleishic restaurant a Sefardi dessert (invented by the owner) with 2 layers. The bottom was a halva cream and the top was whipped but firm. I am guessing and haven't done it yet but the bottom is probably halva spread, cream and pudding and the top is probably pudding and whipped cream. Here you can buy pudding mix in half or whole kilo containers and use it by weight or measure in cooking. Instant pudding is a mainstay in cold desserts in fleishic restaurants. Also fried bananas and pineapple in batter with maple syrup, dessert pancakes (silver dollars with whipped cream and fruit, chocholate or maple syrup).

grin

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 3:08 am
freidasima wrote:
Isn't it very dangerous to eat uncooked eggs?

the "dangerous" part is the uncooked whites and the yolks have something that counter-acts it. no, I definitely wouldn't eat uncooked whites on a regular basis, but once in a great while won't kill you.

Last edited by grin on Tue, Jan 20 2009, 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Marion

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 3:09 am
Chocolate mousse. Although it also contains uncooked eggs. So does ice cream.

Mrs.K

Post Tue, Jan 20 2009, 3:22 am
baba wrote:
Mrs.K wrote:
I have an unbelievable chocolate mousse pie recipe. Not that much of a hassle and sooooo good. All the ingredients are mixed on a low flame and then poured into the pie shell. Let me know if you're interested in the recipe and I'll copy it down.

please do post, that sound really good.

Here ya go. It's from The Taste Of Shabbos Cookbook.

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
2 Tbsp. cocoa
2 cups boiling water
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. wine
2 egg yolks beaten
2 Tbsp. margarine

1 Graham Cracker Crust
Rich's Whip for the topping

Combine sugar, flour and coca in a saucepan. Pour boiling water over the mixture. Add wine and vanilla. Cook over a low flame until thickened. Remove 2 Tbsp. of the mixture and mix with the egg yolks. Pour yolk mixture back into the boiling mixture and continue mixing. Add margarine. When melted, turn fire off. (Constant mixing is important since this can burn easily.) Pour into Graham Cracker Crust. Whip Rich's whip for topping and cover the pie when cooled. Refrigerate.
( I always have to make sure that even the sugar, flour, and cocoa are mixed well before starting or the flour stayed clumpy, but I think that may just be an Israeli flour issue.)

Clarissa

Post Wed, Jan 21 2009, 12:26 pm
ra_mom wrote:
freidasima wrote:
Isn't it very dangerous to eat uncooked eggs?

The raw eggs in the Pots de Creme get cooked while being pulsed in the hot chocolate.
Btw, when you do use raw eggs (I was once told by a nutritionist to eat one a day, yuck!) you have to wash them with warm soapy water before cracking them. That takes away any chance of bacteria slipping into the egg while cracking.
I doubt that very much. To kill off bacteria in eggs, you have to heat it to a pretty high heat (about 160 degrees) which wouldn't happen when being pulsed with some hot chocolate or anything else.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 21 2009, 12:41 pm
once upon a time people drank raw eggs ... helps clear the voice ya know ... Music

Clarissa

Post Wed, Jan 21 2009, 12:49 pm
greenfire wrote:
once upon a time people drank raw eggs ... helps clear the voice ya know ... Music
Maybe, but one should be very careful about serving raw eggs to guests. I wouldn't do it.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 21 2009, 12:51 pm
what about egg-nog ...

OldYoung

Post Wed, Jan 21 2009, 1:03 pm
They do sell pasteurized eggs.

shlishka

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 4:59 pm
Code:
Crush 10 - 15 storebought chocolate sandwich cookies. Mix with 16 ounce whip with a spoon. Pour into a choc graham cracker crust. Freeze.

Anyone know if the whip should be whipped first? I'd like to make it for Shabbos, but don't want to mess up.
TIA

mom71

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 5:12 pm
Greenfire, I'd love to try that. How many ounces Rich's whip - is it 16oz for each?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 7:11 pm
shlishka wrote:
Code:
Crush 10 - 15 storebought chocolate sandwich cookies. Mix with 16 ounce whip with a spoon. Pour into a choc graham cracker crust. Freeze.

Anyone know if the whip should be whipped first? I'd like to make it for Shabbos, but don't want to mess up.
TIA

I make this without whipping the topping.
Someone here once wrote that they tried whipping the topping first, and that the pie was too hard.
Just remember to buy a chocolate graham cracker crust for this recipe.

sky

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 7:20 pm
I don't whip this either. It is delicious and it does look and taste best in a chocolate crust - just like cookie and cream ice cream.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 7:22 pm
Btw, thanks for the recipe sky! I make it whenever I need an emergency dessert!

micki

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 10:57 pm

poached pear in honey cinn sauce
with fresh raspberries mint leaves and coconut sherbert

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 11:48 pm
micki wrote:

poached pear in honey cinn sauce
with fresh raspberries mint leaves and coconut sherbert

How do you make your poached pears?

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 11:53 pm
When I first read the title, I said to myself, "Sure, they exist, just buy a ready-made dessert!"
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics