Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Ask your Local...?

Aribenj

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 4:47 pm
Rebbetzin?

If you have an halachic question about whatever, is it the same if you just call the rabbi's wife?

My rebbetzin happens to be very knowledgeable about kashrut issues so she's my go-to person and if she doesn't know she asks her husband (the rabbi of our community). She was also my kallah teacher so unless it's a spot question I know I can ask her all of those questions (I have a rav I send my questionable spots to)

And other then that, dh asks his chavrusa (who is a rabbi) whatever questions that might come up.

But do we need to have ONE rabbi we ask everything? I mean, is my rebbetzin allowed to psak or give heters?

JC

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 5:09 pm
Aribenj wrote:
Rebbetzin?
But do we need to have ONE rabbi we ask everything? I mean, is my rebbetzin allowed to psak or give heters?

Of course you can ask her question, just like you would ask your mom (or MIL) questions about halacha and minhagim because she is wise and knows more than you do. But I dont think she is supposed to (or would) give a heter or psak.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics