Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
HaRav Noach Weinberg
1  2  Next

lst

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 6:15 am
R' Noach, the founder and Rosh Yeshiva of Aish HaTorah passed away this morning.

www.aish.com

baruch dayan ha'emet.

Last edited by lst on Thu, Feb 05 2009, 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Mishie

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 6:17 am
Oh No!
I'm so sorry to hear this!
I'm very good friends with one of his DIL's.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 6:20 am
Baruch Dayan HaEmet.

Rav Weinberg's ideas about kiruv revolutionized this generation of the Jewish world and he is probably directly or indirectly responsible for tens of thousands of baalei teshuva.

Inspired

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 6:30 am
BD"E

EsaEinai

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 7:04 am
I wish I had seen this sooner Sad I would have loved to attend the funeral. I felt very connected to rav noach and im deeply pained by this loss. but I can just imagine him sitting in shamayim right next to "the Almighty" and already trying to brainstorm on how to save klal yisroel.

Strudel

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 7:04 am
BDE.

Dance2it

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 7:28 am
BD"E His legacy will effect generations to come.

mimivan

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 7:31 am
baruch dayan emet

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 7:40 am
Baruch Dayan Emes. That is so sad. He was such a special, special person.

I'll never forget a shiur he gave in Kiryat Sefer about 12-13 years ago. It was Erev Yom Kippur and his whole topic was about how Hashem loves us. It made such a deep impression on me.

Crying

sunshine!

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 8:45 am
Baruch Dayan Ha'emes. Naflah Ateres Rosheinu. May he be a Meilitz Yosher for all of the Yiddin he held so dear.

sped

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 8:47 am
Oy, oy, oy - such a loss. Baruch DAyan Emes - that's all I can say. The whole Jewish world is mourning. Anyone who did not meet him cannot possibly know what true love for another is. His eyes, his smile, his entire being exuded love. I spoke with him a few times for advice in personal situations, and I came out shaking from awe, and so, so warm from his love. A true tzaddik. I am full of tears as I write this.
ומחה ה' דמעה מעל כל פנים
Umacha Hashem dimah meal kol panim

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 9:00 am
sorry for his loss

frumluv

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 9:07 am
Baruch Dayan Emes

Mommy F.

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 9:14 am
Oy this is so sad. I was just reading an old mishpacha magazine where he was interviewed.
It was very inspiring. He did so much kiruv and always had the perfect answers to
complicated questions. He will be missed. Crying

gryp

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 9:17 am
Baruch Dayan Emes.

octopus

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 10:33 am
I'm sitting here crying. This is a huge loss for am yisrael. He has touched so many people. He has touched me and I've never met him IRL before. But through reading his writings, he has touched me profoundly. I am at a loss for words. Crying

chavamom

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 11:47 am
EsaEinai wrote:
I wish I had seen this sooner Sad I would have loved to attend the funeral. I felt very connected to rav noach and im deeply pained by this loss. but I can just imagine him sitting in shamayim right next to "the Almighty" and already trying to brainstorm on how to save klal yisroel.

Yes.

I don't think people realize that R. Noach was behind the founding of Ohr Someyach (you can read about how he had to convince the others of the viability of the project) which started Neve Yerushalayim, broke off to found Aish HaTorah and then Eyaht was started as a women's division of that. He is directly or indirectly responsible for the institutions that educated thousands of ba'alei teshuva.

My husband is an Aish rabbi and was a talmid of R. Noach. R. Noach always wanted to see family pictures of the children of his talmidim when they would come to see him. It wasn't just a perfunctory thing either - he would comment on them. R. Noach viewed our current matzav in klal yisrael as a spiritual holocaust. His talmidim and their children were the nefashos pulled from the fire.

Last edited by chavamom on Thu, Feb 05 2009, 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Nicole

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 11:49 am
OYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
I was fortunate enough to attend the Aish partners' conference a couple of years ago. For those who don't know, it's a giant conference over a weekend for all those affiliated with aish. You listen to speeches on a myriad of subjects, and you're able to see all the wonderful and fantastic things ppl are doing world wide all affiliated with aish hatorah.
Sometime during the conference, I saw the Rosh Yeshiva, z'tl coming down a staircase talking to a woman who didn't seem completely frum yet, about why bad things happen to good ppl. A shiver went down my spine when it occurred to me: All this, all these HUNDREDS of ppl and I don't know how many baalei teshuvah, and many many kiruv projects, books, etc. It was all started by this ONE individual. How much sechar has he amassed? What a lesson.

What a tragedy.

Nicole

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 12:24 pm
[quote="chavamom" R. Noach viewed our current matzav in klal yisrael as a spiritual holocaust. His talmidim and their children were the nefashos pulled from the fire.[/quote]

See Beyond the Ashes - you can google it

Isramom8

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 12:31 pm
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:
Baruch Dayan HaEmet.

Rav Weinberg's ideas about kiruv revolutionized this generation of the Jewish world and he is probably directly or indirectly responsible for tens of thousands of baalei teshuva.

I just read this sad news now. DH stared at the computer screen in shock. My husband says that Rav Noach can be called the father of the Baal Teshuva Movement.

I attended a shiur of his years ago. I sat in the front and felt that he saw right through me, to who I was, and that he was directing his words specifically to me.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics