Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Infrequent work at home

Pickle Lady

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 9:07 pm
I sporadically do work in my field. I am usually a SAHM so when I get work, I need to adjust my schedule. How do you squeeze time in your schedules?

mimivan

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 9:13 pm
I'm in kind of a similar situation.. I work full time from home, but sometimes I have extra projects...it sounds like you need some emergency babysitting (if it is worth it to pay) for those times...
Or maybe you can arrange for your dh to be home more when you are working
perhaps squeeze in more time at the end and the beginning of the day when they are asleep
use naptimes
find things to keep them occupied.
IF it doesn't require alot of concentration, maybe you can use some of the waking hours for less intense work..give them special toys for your working time.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 9:37 pm
I worked primarily when Shimie was down for the night, after 8 p.m. 'd put in 2-3 hours every evening once bedtime was over.

Pickle Lady

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 10:18 pm
I rarely do work at home and someone just asked me to do something for them and I realized how busy I am at home. I had to think of places on my schedule to squeeze in time. I have about 2-3 weeks to do about 30 hours of work. If I see that in the last week of the deadline I need more time than what is available, I will get a babysitter. Thanks ladies for the advice. A special toy is a good idea too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers