Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Oily Bangs

Beauticianista

Post Tue, Mar 03 2009, 1:54 pm
Does anyone know of a good way to make my sheitel bangs "unoily" without rewashing the whole sheitel? Would it work if I just made them a little wet and blow-dried them?

TIA

RightOnTarget

Post Tue, Mar 03 2009, 2:50 pm
I had the problem with oily bangs with my hair as a girl. I would wash and blow dry just my bangs in the sink every morning.

It should work for you..

ShakleeMom

Post Tue, Mar 03 2009, 3:47 pm
try sprinkling it with baby powder and brush it out... I guess if it doesn't work.. you'll end up washing it out. We used to dab ourselves with baby powder in the 9 days.

chatouli

Post Tue, Mar 03 2009, 6:05 pm
I wash my sheitel's bangs with shampoo and re-blow dry them with a round brush about once a week to solve the oily bangs problem. I usually use Prell or some other kind of very basic shampoo. It definitely extends the life of a wash and set.

rivkeah

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 6:54 am
you can buy at Sephora make up store something called oscar blandi dry shampoo spray, it works very good you just spray it and then brush it out. But, my shaitel macher saids that it isn't good cause it makes the shaitel sticky and you have to wash it really really well to get all that stuff out of there. But, it makes your wig look fresh.

Beauticianista

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 7:13 am
Thanks so much. I've already heard of putting baby powder but was a little hesitant to try it...but maybe I"ll use it as wash and sets are becoming quite pricey... Sad

Also, I'll look for the dry shampoo in sephora, thanks rivkeah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics