Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Bus and Car Sick

supermom

Post Sun, Aug 15 2004, 2:36 pm
HELP!!! Every time I travel with my 2 year old daughter on a bus or in a car she seems to throwup!! Any suggestions on how to stop it? The ride into town is an hour and a half. I don't give her anything to eat before and still she throws up, I also tried to feed her something light and to no avail.

Rivka

Post Sun, Aug 15 2004, 5:40 pm
Go to your local pharmacy, they should be able to tell you what travel sickness liquids to take that will be suitable for a two year old.
I know of Phenergan in liquid form, it is also drowsy.

Rochel Leah

Post Sat, Aug 21 2004, 11:35 pm
My sister was the same way when she was little, we would try keep her near the window, open, so she got fresh air. fresh air should help with the nusea. my parents baught these arm bands, that had some sort of a metal ring, which somehow kepy her from bringng up. im not sure what they're called , but maybe you could find it in a pharmacy. next time I speak home, I will ask my mom

proudmom

Post Sat, Aug 21 2004, 11:43 pm
Rochel Leah are they called sea bands?

supermom

Post Sun, Aug 22 2004, 2:55 pm
if they are sea bands I remember when I was pregnant I used them and they didn't help to much, as for the open window well the buses that we go on are bomb proof so the window is too high up to even get fresh air, the air conditioning on the bus doesn't exactly work either

micki

Post Sun, Aug 22 2004, 6:33 pm
give them crackers and snapple to drink. the snapple or lipton tea has tannins in it witch contract the stomach muscle. when ever my kids or I are sick with a stomach flu I make them lipton tea with sugar, not honey and a dallop of milk. it calms the stomach down, and actually stops the throwing up.
a kid was once sick with the flu for 3 days, the doctors were ready to hspitalize him. my friend came to me and asked if I know what to do, I made her the warm tea, told her to spoon it into his mouth and like magic it stopped the throwing up.
also make sure she never looks inside the car. focus only on the outside straight if you can. or have her close her eyes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics