Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Double carriage advice needed

Mini Cookie

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 3:42 pm
im looking for a light & easy to use double stroller that has an option to turn the seats around. im hoping to spend less than $1000

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 3:45 pm
Kolcraft Contours is cheap, but is not light.
I can't think of a single "light" stroller that meets your definition.
The Easy Walker Duo can have 2 carrycots, but again not light.

newlymarried

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 7:35 pm
what about the uppa baby with rumble seat?

ss321

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 8:54 pm
http://www.firstwheels.nl/en/city_twin/
this one you can turn teh seats around, which I think is a major plus.
I have a bugaboo. so Im attracted to this like a moth to light. Its pretty, elegant, and can fit two kids (duh!)
easy- no, because its not an umbrella. easiest are probably going to be baby joggers, IMO

the uppa baby vista is a cool option - you can "fit" three kids on it, and it is as narrow as a single, but personally, I dont like hte idea of a rumble seat, my older DS would never want to sit beneath his bro and miss out on all the sites and stuff. plus little fingers do get caught. I have heard (but I dont own one so IDK this is second hand) that it is a BULKY piece of work to fit into a car. But I guess thats relative- maybe your current stroller is bulky too.

bbmom

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 9:11 pm
I love that firstwheels stroller but can you get that in the US?

The uppababy rumble seat is very different from the phil and teds. It's not so much "under" as it is behind the regular seat. The rumble seat always faces the pusher (mom) and the frony seat can go either way, so either both kids are facing you or the kids are facing each other. The rumble seat is also high enough up that the wheels are out of reach (solve the hand caught problem).

Also a 6 month old can go in the rumble seat so from age six months the younger child can be in the back and the older child can see the world.

It wouldn't necessarily be my first choice of double stroller but it really has the fantastic feature of being able to use it as a single or as a double.

Anyway OP doesn't want to spend more than $100.

OP why don't you check out craigslist. I've seen many great stroller deals on there!

OldYoung

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 9:14 pm
bbmom wrote:
\

OP why don't you check out craigslist. I've seen many great stroller deals on there!

It actually looks like the op doesn't want to spend more than $1000. Wink

ss321

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 9:26 pm
bbmom wrote:
I love that firstwheels stroller but can you get that in the US?

I know my friend in Israel just ordered one. I think there is a distributor in canada who is willing to ship.
bbmom wrote:

The uppababy rumble seat is very different from the phil and teds. It's not so much "under" as it is behind the regular seat. The rumble seat always faces the pusher (mom) and the frony seat can go either way, so either both kids are facing you or the kids are facing each other. The rumble seat is also high enough up that the wheels are out of reach (solve the hand caught problem).

hmm...interesting. sorry for bashing it before seeing it - I saw it online and was like that stroller is AMAZING (with the standing thing plus rumble seat you can fit 3 kids) but to me its like a glorified phil and teds and I wouldnt want to do that!!! IDK, I personally like the kids side by side if we are going to use a double, but that is just my preference.

bbmom wrote:

Also a 6 month old can go in the rumble seat so from age six months the younger child can be in the back and the older child can see the world.

well I wouldnt want to do it to my 6 mo old eitehr- I would want to see him and even a 6 month old (ie they are olde enuf to not be in a bassinet) IMO should be able to look around! But that is just my opinion. Lots of my friends have phil and teds and similar ones and they work great for them I just personally dont like the idea of it.

bbmom wrote:

no she said $1000 not 100, which is why I suggested it! there arent very many strollers, other than the stokke (I think), and maybe only some special edition bugaboos, that run u over a grand. Oh yeah and of course, the absolutely gorgeous silver cross prams (my dream!!!!!! not that I would have ANYTHING to do with it!!! and it would probably get stolen too)

chaylizi

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 11:19 pm
I looked at the vista when I needed a double. The part I didn't like was this: if I want the baby to face me, then the stroller folds in 3 pieces. No way, no how, next stroller please...
Major caveat to the above: I live in the suburbs, therefore I spend my whole day in and out of my car. If you live in New York & rarely fold your stroller, then it would be my first pick. Since I don't & there is no public transportation here, I had to pick something else.

As for the first wheels, check if the stroller folds with the seats on. If it doesn't, it will be a major pain.
I'm not sure if stroll-air still sells them, but they used to have a double with reversible seats.

Unfortunately, there are not many choices for this. If there were good options available, I would have gotten one too. I have a reversible single & am totally in withdrawal that my double doesn't as well. If you want professional opinions, go to the yahoo group called stroller swap or the stroller boards at www.windsorpeak.com. The ladies in both places totally know their strollers.

bbmom

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 8:37 am
OldYoung wrote:
bbmom wrote:
\

It actually looks like the op doesn't want to spend more than $1000. Wink

oops, misread that. late at night foggy brain.

bbmom

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 8:42 am
Like I said vista would not be my first choice double, but it does have some pretty good features over the phil and teds.

The main feature for me is that since I already have the vista I can turn it into a double for $129 instead of buying one for $500....

From what I've seen turning seats around does not equal lightweight...

usher

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 10:31 am
The First-Wheels quality is pretty bad and the base is very wide-doesnt fit through a standard door
The material fades badly and the material of the seats tear.
The Stroll-air double is also a very very bulky big carriage
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries