Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Photo essay on desperate family
1  2  Next

mama-star

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 9:27 pm
many years ago msnbc ran a picture story about the giuliante family, a husband and wife and 4 kids living in a motel room. their story is fascinating and heartbreaking.

http://msnbc.com/modules/slide.....1.asp

greenfire

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 9:41 pm
sad ...

mommalah

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 9:56 pm
MIchelle should serve a jail sentence for leaving her children! How despicable!

louche

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 10:08 pm
Just curious why you chose to post this here at this time?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 11:53 pm
I'm sorry, that is crazy. I thought Michelle would come to her senses once she was jailed and instead she LEAVES her family? Which mother in her right mind just abandons her kids?

This is awful.

Skippy!!

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 12:37 am
It's so sad.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 12:51 am
If only I can meet her... She'd be minced meat by now.

Atali

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 12:54 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I'm sorry, that is crazy. I thought Michelle would come to her senses once she was jailed and instead she LEAVES her family? Which mother in her right mind just abandons her kids?

This is awful.

One who was abused herself as a child and never recovered, as was mentioned in the slideshow.

This situation is horrible but the mother really needed counseling and help--not jail.

Tamiri

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 1:41 am
What chance do the children have Sad

MommyLuv

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 8:22 am
Mama Bear wrote:

This is awful.

I have the same question for fathers who walk out on their families.

frumluv

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 8:25 am
Truly sad

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 9:07 am
Henry appears to be a drunkard but yet it's Michelle the nut and drug addict. Their children are quite cute but sadly I don't give much hope for them unless they're placed in a normal home. Poor kids.

greenfire

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 9:14 am
is there really such a thing as a "normal" home ?!?!?!
some people take the same life events and make it - or break it ... the kids still have hope ...

elf123

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 10:37 am
Have you ladies seen the dates on these photos? The "kids" are all young adults or teens by now...wonder if there's an update...

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 12:46 pm
elf123 wrote:
Have you ladies seen the dates on these photos? The "kids" are all young adults or teens by now...wonder if there's an update...
if you go to the last section of the pictures there is an updated (2001) picture of all of them.

elf123

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 1:56 pm
Still, that's 8 years ago....

ss321

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 4:11 pm
I was also wondering the same thing..even tried googling the parents' names ....
so sad

sarahnurit

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 4:48 pm
Really sad and squalid story...But I still hope that the kids growing up will have a chance to leave that kind of environment...to look for a job and start a more stable life...

shosh

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 4:48 pm
Sad part of it is that both of them wanted better lives - she did and he did. And it seems that the biggest losers of the lot - as usual - are the kids ...

Raisin

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 4:58 pm
it's really shocking to see how the poor in america live. you see so much how the middle class live in the states, fancy cars, vacations etc and then you see a fmily of 6 living in a motel room. and meanwhile wealthy families get section 8?

It's interesting to note that one of the snapping points is henry not letting michelle go out with her friends. maybe if he would have given her a bit of support she would never have left.

I once read a newpaper piece about a woman in germany who was so fed up with the demands of her husband and kids she committed a crime (shoplifting or something similar) so that she could get a bit of peace in prison!

at least michelle sees her kids every day, or so it says.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics