Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Mumbai: The Whole Story

mimivan

Post Thu, Jul 02 2009, 3:34 am
I didn't want to put this under cool links and clips because it isn't so "cool."
http://www.vosizneias.com/3441.....hour/
WARNING: part 5 contains a recording of a terrorist actually shooting one of the Kedoshim in the Nariman house. So listen at your own discretion..

Here is a link to a one hour film of the Mumbai attack from Alef to Saf...
What I find most shocking is how the name of G-d is always on their lips (the attackers) and how they could murder scores of people in cold blood, but when they were told to set the Taj on fire, they said "But this shop is so pretty! And look at these 30 inch computer screens!" they didn't want to destroy the beautiful things!

The incompetence and unpreparedness of the Indian police is mind boggling! Many ran away and many were unarmed.

It seems from this report that Rabbi Holtzberg and Rivka were not tortured first. I think the Indian press wrote this to be sensational. And the gunmen weren't interested in doing anymore killing..they seemed to just rest. One was asleep and "didnt' feel well." So I doubt the other kedoshim were tortured either...that was a main concern of mine...but it seemed that the gunmen just wanted to rest and the controllers had to force them to continue...

note the controller said of the Nariman House: One you kill here (I.e. a Jew) is worth 50 other victims! Crying

also the neighbor claimed the Holtzbergs were asking the gunmen to shoot them first (I'm assuming instead of killing anyone else...they were the first to see the gunmen, from the sound of it--the others I think were upstairs)
Web Page Name

katb

Post Thu, Jul 02 2009, 8:41 am
I am assuming this link (can't open it at work) is to the film that was showed on Channel 4 in the UK on tuesday night this week. I watched this despite being in tears for most of the time. It was probably the most horrific and harrowing thing I have ever seen (take that as a warning before watching).

I agree with you about the terrorists not blinking at destroying human lives but not wanting to destroy the property. These terrorists were young boys who had actually never seen anything like that hotel in their loves. They were naive and young and therefore perfect targets for the poeple who wanted to brainwash and corrupt them. I am not in any way trying to condone what they did and I'm sure they are still burning where they are now....

I was incredibly impressed with the footage and sound they managed to get on the whole event. Listening to the telephone conversations between the terrorists and their commanders in Pakistan actually boggles the mind. I found it unbearable to listen, especially when they killed one of the Jewish hostages. I just couldn't take it. And the footage of little Moshe Holzberg wandering around the house after his parents had been killed was one of the worst parts.

But I think people should watch this film and know the kind of people who are living amongst us...

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Jul 02 2009, 8:49 am
I don't think I want to watch this.

JC

Post Thu, Jul 02 2009, 9:19 am
ChossidMom wrote:
I don't think I want to watch this.

I agree, I dont think I can watch it.
But for those that did, perhaps you could tell us. Who shot the video? Was it pieced together from various sources?

katb

Post Thu, Jul 02 2009, 9:42 am
It was mostly footage from CCTV cameras but it was very clear. On top of this was a narrator and a lot of voice recordings of the calls between the terrorists and their commanders which the intelligence services recorded.

sarahnurit

Post Thu, Jul 02 2009, 4:46 pm
Really terrible and sad. And Moshe walking around lost. I have a son that age...my goodness I am shaking.

Kugel lover

Post Thu, Jul 02 2009, 4:48 pm
I started watching it but its too much for me.

shosh

Post Thu, Jul 02 2009, 6:02 pm
Just watched this. (So much for my early night ...)

What struck me was the following:

a. The calm tones in which the controllers and the terrorists addressed each other - no shouting, no rhetoric, aside from the usual reminders about going to heaven. And the calm, cold-blooded way in which they took innocent lives. Their utter ruthlessness is astounding.
b. Yet - the story of the Turkish couple was quite mindblowing - because they started to pray and recite the sura from the Koran, this moved the terrorists to save them. If you notice, the terrorists didn't always spare Muslims. At one point, someone else said they heard one victim shout for a muslim holy man, but that made no difference and they shot him. Yet here, the power of this Turkish couple's prayers spared their lives.
c. I think these victims who told their stories are all incredible - to sit in front of the cameras and tell the story without falling apart, and one girl even showed her scars. And each one, of course, is a whole world, from the husband who lost his wife and is left with his young kids to the Indian boy who lost his parents, uncles, etc at the railway station. I kept asking myself how on earth anyone could come out of what they witnessed and went through and manage to function.
d. The railway station boy, who said almost the last word, really struck a chord with me. Even though he's much older, he reminded me of little Moshe in that he's also lost his whole family. And I wondered who's taking care of him, poor boy?
e. At least the stories surrounding the Chabad House massacre are cleared up to a certain extent - seems like the Holtzbergs were killed first, along with the two mashgiachim, while the two women were held hostage. It broke my heart to hear Norma's voice. She sounded so scared, poor soul, but yes, b"H, it doesn't sound like they tortured them. In fact, it almost appeared like they were slightly reluctant to murder them. And so chilling, again to think of the ruthlessness with which it was eventually done.

Harrowing and very powerful. But even though I wondered if I could sit through it, in a way I was glad I did. It really brought home to me the reality of terrorism and what it means.

May we never know from such terror ever again, anywhere.

mugsisme

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 12:54 am
The video is all down.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 9:51 am
http://europenews.dk/en/node/24746
Try that -- it's all in one video though, not in separate parts.

chavs

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 11:44 am
this really stood out to me:
at some point the terrorist when asked who they killed, said "only people", and the mother saying how she held her daughter, as she died, and the little boy, who they killed his parents, and little Moshe wandering. Just horrible, more then horrible.

Falafel

Post Fri, Jul 10 2009, 12:59 pm
I am not going to watch this film, but I am curious: there is footage of Moshe'le wandering around the house??
does it say where they got it from?

I refuse to watch, I know I wont be able to handle it.

chavs

Post Sat, Jul 11 2009, 6:38 pm
cctv as stated above

chavs

Post Sat, Jul 11 2009, 6:39 pm
cctv as stated above

mimivan

Post Sat, Jul 11 2009, 6:43 pm
Falafel wrote:
I am not going to watch this film, but I am curious: there is footage of Moshe'le wandering around the house??
does it say where they got it from?

I refuse to watch, I know I wont be able to handle it.

yes...it is very brief and hard to see through the window...but you can see him.
It only reinforces the fact of what a miracle it was that he was rescued.
I was praying and praying for a miracle all night and all day and was disappointed with the result.

but Hashem did give us one Miracle...that Moshe was spared...and the odds were almost impossible.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics