Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Chewy Peanut Butter Bars

cookielady

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 5:08 pm
Crust
1 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine, chilled
Filling
2 eggs
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chocolate chips.

Preheat oven to350.
In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and margarine until crumbly. Press into a 9x13 pan. It will not cover the bottom so well, don't worry when it bakes it will spread out. Bake for 14 -16 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, mix eggs, corn syrup, sugar,peanut butter and salt. Mix until smooth. Fold in coconut and chocolate chips. Pour over crust. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until golden.

When I first made them and took them out of the oven, I thought it was ok. After they were cooled and I cut them up and chilled them, they were delicious.

These make a flat and chewy bar. People really enjoyed them.

chatz

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 9:08 pm
peanut butter + chocolate + coconut?? mmm.. just gained a pound reading the recipe.

Do you think I could substitue oil for the marg? (yeah, that's me.. put oil instead of marg, a spoonful of ww flour, knock down the sugar a bit - and feel the result is healthy enough to eat a whole pan Very Happy )

ganizzy

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 11:56 pm
whats flaked coconut

and cookie lady - for every event I try a recipe of yours and the crowds love it!! (though the marble blondie bars didnt work out well both times I made it - everyhting else was a hit)

cookielady

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 2:32 am
ganizzy wrote:
whats flaked coconut

and cookie lady - for every event I try a recipe of yours and the crowds love it!! (though the marble blondie bars didnt work out well both times I made it - everyhting else was a hit)

flaked coconut- I use Bakers brand. It comes in a bag and says "flake coconut, sweetened"

I am glad most of the recipes are working out for you. I use our Chabad House as my guinea pigs, so to speak. I send most of the stuff I bake for the kiddush. Then I get a good idea how a crowd of people like a recipe. This one was really enjoyed by everyone. (sorry about the blondies. I wonder what isn't turning out right with them?)

greeneyes

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 9:47 am
Cookielady, this looks realllllly good. Thanks for posting!

(I now have a little collection of "cookielady recipes" that I'm eager to try. These peanut butter bars & the cookie dough brownies are at the top of my list. Smile)

curlytop

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 9:36 pm
Any way to make this without the coconut.... we are not major coconut fans here...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins