Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Should Gates and Obama apologize to Sgt. Crawley?

With what has come out in the news about how Prof. Gates behaved when the police came to his home, and how the police responded, do you think Obama and Gates should apologize to Sgt. Crowley
Yes, I think they should apologize.  
 78%  [ 26 ]
No, they have no reason to apologize.  
 21%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 33

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 10:32 am
Here is a video of Sgt. Crowley's Black colleagues standing up for him for doing the right thing, and saying Gates played the race card against him, and that Obama spoke improperly against him. Given the evidence that has now come out, do you think they should apologize to Sgt. Crowley?

<noscript>Embedded video from CNN Video</noscript>

gryp

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 10:35 am
(I wish they'd both resign. Am I extreme? LOL )

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 10:36 am
No, love means never having to say I'm sorry.

And how do we tell kids that the president said "stupid"? Actually my kids are past that, but I'm just thinking of all the parents for whom stupid is an "s" word.

cassandra

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 10:43 am
GR wrote:
(I wish they'd both resign. Am I extreme? LOL )

Or a least Obama should apologize to the American people for dragging us into this idiocy. Is it just me or is he finally losing it? I knew it would happen, I just never thought it would happen so soon....

gryp

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 10:50 am
I think he's pretty much proven that he doesn't belong up there in office. That's why I wish he'd resign. The whole healthcare thing just makes it all worse for me. I'm dreaming, but hey, no harm in dreaming.

I don't think Gates should be a professor anywhere. He sounds and acted like someone off the street.

Flowerpot

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 10:59 am
He should apologise to the usa for calling someone that serves the country and is in harmes way every day such a name. I feel doesn't respect who fight for the safety of our country. its very sad.

stem

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 11:02 am
GR wrote:
I think he's pretty much proven that he doesn't belong up there in office. That's why I wish he'd resign. The whole healthcare thing just makes it all worse for me. I'm dreaming, but hey, no harm in dreaming.

I don't think Gates should be a professor anywhere. He sounds and acted like someone off the street.

I agree with you and the poster who wondered how this would be taken by families who don't use the "s" word.

servewithjoy

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 11:36 am
Wow. What a powerful, touching, and illuminating clip. Thank you for posting this.

daisy

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 11:45 am
Isn't it interesting how this story has been the big headline all week (at least on my Google headlines). It took some of the spotlight off NJ.

jerusalem-girl

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 12:15 pm
daisy wrote:
Isn't it interesting how this story has been the big headline all week (at least on my Google headlines). It took some of the spotlight off NJ.

Hashem controls the news, and controls its effect.
American's were too busy with Watergate to stop Nixon from transferring arms to Israel....
Princess Diana's death stopped the anti-Israel sentiment that she and Fayed were arousing....
After the chillul hashem of the Disengagement, the media forgot about it immediately with Hurricane Katrina.....

The woman, Kelly (?) was so chocked up. They were all really behind him.
I guess that's a lesson in 'dan l'kaf zechus'. Like she said, 'don't rush to judgement, keep your minds open.'
And I'm glad she won't be voting for Obama. More people should learn from her example.

gryp

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 12:19 pm
I have a little suspicion that Obama did it because his ratings were down. Quite obviously, it backfired.

stem

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 12:23 pm
I realize that this is OT, but there were a few major news events that happened the same day as the NJ debacle. The next morning, our local paper had half of the front page about how some Baseball player pitched the "perfect game" - only the 18th in bb history. The other half of the page was about how the DOW rose above 9000 for the first time since November. I don't think it mentioned NJ at all, or maybe a small paragraph towards the end of the paper. It was amazing hashgacha because it could have been headline news for weeks or more.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 12:33 pm
I think the President owes it to Crowley, and the country to apologize. He literally sees everything as black and white. He is the president of us all, and not just of the Black citizens. I don't think he has that kind of a vision of his role, though. He is much to arrogant to ever apologize.

As for Gates, he is much, much, to small of a person to ever apologize to a Whitey for anything. I have heard so many clips of interview of him. He is a Hater.

Send me your old hats. I'll eat them if either of them actually makes an apology.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics