Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Minivan where seat slides forward

sky

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 11:47 am
I remember once seeing an add for a minivan where the middle of the second row slid forward so the child sitting there could be reached easily by the parent. Am I remembering correctly? Does it exist?
I'd love to hear if it does and if anyone has it - and if you have used it with an infant seat.

We are thinking about maybe buying a minivan but the one thing I hate is that it seems so hard to reach the baby in the back. With our car now I can feed the baby a bottle if I have to during a long trip with everyone in their seat. I like sitting next to dh when we are traveling and would rather not have to move to the middle to feed the baby.

I appreciate any info.
Thanks.

realeez

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 11:48 am
I believe that's the Toyota Sienna 8-seater but IIRC, it's not a simple slide forward and back when you feel like it but you actually have to physically move the seat where you want it when the car is not in motion.

sky

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 12:48 pm
Really. That is what I want. That when we go on long trips I can set the seat all the way forward. Does anyone have this? Is it a special model or start at a certain year or do all 8 seater Siennas have this.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 1:01 pm
My 2006 8 seater Sienna has seats that slide forward (they also tumble down). I didn't realize it was a "feature" as much as a necessity!

realeez

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 1:17 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
My 2006 8 seater Sienna has seats that slide forward (they also tumble down). I didn't realize it was a "feature" as much as a necessity!

But isn't it only the centre seat that actually locks into place? (I have the Odyssey and the 2 outer seats slide forward without needing to flip down also when access to the back is needed but you can't keep it that way while driving)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 1:24 pm
No, the side seats lock in a forward position. I keep my baby's seat forward so my son can climb into the back.

realeez

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 1:33 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
No, the side seats lock in a forward position. I keep my baby's seat forward so my son can climb into the back.

So then the difference with the middle seat is that it goes more forward than the outer 2 seats?

sky

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 1:42 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

Thanks this is fantastic info. I didn't realize that the Sienna was the one that did this. It just sounds so much easier with this setup. I hate the idea of getting a mini van but it sounds like with this it may be a bit easier.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 1:51 pm
A bit is key. It's still a bit of a hassle to get into the back unless you tumble the front seat forward or are 30 lbs Wink (or climb in from the back Smile)

I have to check if the middle seat goes more forward than the outer ones.

realeez

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 1:56 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
A bit is key. It's still a bit of a hassle to get into the back unless you tumble the front seat forward or are 30 lbs Wink (or climb in from the back Smile)

I have to check if the middle seat goes more forward than the outer ones.

Oh okay, it's just a bit - I was wondering why my friend was saying how hard it is for her to strap kids in the back and the whole configuration of the seats. We looked at a 2005 one that had a middle that did stay forward but you had to actually lift up the seat and relocate it forward as the dealer explained.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 2:17 pm
I don't think any 8 seater is that easy unless you get an Astro type which has an aisle on the side...

sky

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 2:40 pm
How do you put your carseats. For 3 kids do you have all 3 across or one in the back - and why? Thanks.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 2:52 pm
My FF is in the back on the side. He can buckle himself if he chooses, or I can reach in without climbing all the way in (I stand on the edge) to buckle if he chooses not to.
My RF kids are in the middle row. Right now, one on each side so I can sit in between on car trips, but I might move my daughter to the middle seat when I take her out of the infant car seat and into a regular convertible seat.

shoy18

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 3:45 pm
I dont have a minivan but my Mazda CX9 has it and its great!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics