Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
ISO a freezable vegetarian lasagna recipe

WriterMom

Post Wed, Aug 26 2009, 10:27 pm
I have yet to find a recipe for veggie lasagna that I really like, and the storebought ones available here cost ~$20 for enough to feed my family. So I want to learn to make my own! I also prefer, when making something labor intensive, to make enough for two or three dinners and freeze for the future.

Any suggestions?

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Aug 28 2009, 7:13 pm
arent' they all freezable ?

pinktichel

Post Sat, Aug 29 2009, 5:48 pm
CM is right. All lasagnas are freezable. I made a delicious one for Shavuous with fried vegies. A bit more work, but the fried onions and peppers gave it such a delicious, sweet taste. What wasn't devoured, guests took home with them. A friend (who's also on this site) deserves the credit but since I don't know her SN, I'll take the credit! Twisted Evil

I had 3 bowls.

1. Fry:
Onions, diced
green peppers, diced
red peppers, diced
mushrooms, sliced

2. Tomato sauce seasoned very well with salt, pepper, garlic, onion, italian seasoning

3. cheese mixture: soft cheese/cottage cheese and shredded cheese

I did layers of:

tomato sauce
raw lasagna noodles
cheese mixture
vegies

Remember, the layers do not need to be covered in cheese mixture, sauce and vegies. I drizzled sauce, sprinkled the vegies and spread a thin layer of cheese mixture.
Top layer ended with noodles and plain shredded cheese.
Cover tightly with foil and bake until cooked through.

Hope I was clear....

Rodent

Post Sat, Aug 29 2009, 8:42 pm
Our lasagne sounds a little strange but is easy and we think it tastes great.

Ingredients:
Instant lasagne sheets (you could use regular cooked but I find this easier for putting the cream cheese layer on)
Cream cheese
Mozzarella cheese
Spinach (we use frozen chopped) - cooked (we just use the microwave)
Vegetables of your choice - cooked (we use frozen mixed veg (carrot, peas, corn) and cook in the microwave)
One can of kidney beans (or equivalent soaked dried) per average sized pan
Chopped/crushed canned tomatoes
Oregano to taste
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

1. Oil a pan (we use disposable foil pans)
2. Layer of instant lasagne sheets
3. Place cooked mixed vegies. Tip tomatoes over the top to soak into holes. Oregano/salt/pepper to taste. Cover with a layer of thinly sliced mozzarella (we use a cheese slicer which makes it thin)
3. Layer of instant lasagne sheets
4. Cream cheese. I use a block and do thin slices, sometimes squish them between my fingers to make it thinner. On top of this I place a thin later of spinach.
5. Layer of instant lasagne sheets
6. Tip drained beans on and spread out evenly. Tip tomatoes over the top to soak into holes. Oregano/salt/pepper to taste.
7. Layer of instant lasagne sheets.
8. Double layer of mozzarella cheese
9. Bake in oven on about 220C until the lasagne sheets are cooked through (about 50 minutes?)

WriterMom

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 10:11 am
Hey, thanks very much! I'm a bit wary of freezing dairy - I know that some things, like cream sauces or milk-based soups, can separate and get an unpleasant texture so it's great to hear that these should work.

ShiffyChani

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 11:55 am
Buy the Gefen Lasange noodle and they have a great veggie recipe on the back
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals