Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
How much babysitters get paid in Israel?
1  2  Next

Ani

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 11:52 am
A friend of mine was asked to babysit on a regular basis in Israel. What's the going rate now, does anyone know? Someone said that it is 7 shekel an hour, but can be as low as 5 shekel an hour. Surprised shock Is it a joke? Can it be so? I want to help my friend to ask for a fair pay.

Isramom8

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 11:57 am
20-30 shekel here, 10-15 shekel in Bnei Brak.

Seraph

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 12:01 pm
Depends where you live, the price varies. Here metaplot/babysitters get paid 7 shekel an hour...

Raisin

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 12:44 pm
Seraph wrote:
Depends where you live, the price varies. Here metaplot/babysitters get paid 7 shekel an hour...

wouldn't it be more for just looking after one baby?

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 12:48 pm
IIRC it is something lik 7 shekel an hour per child.

natmichal

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 1:04 pm
here kids gets 8-10 an hour. adult 15 (we're low on babysiiter supply). One of the hiloni kids here started charging 15 and another one followed, but I think it stayed 10 with the dati ones.
if you're metapelet for a whole day on a regular basis, I think it's different

Pizza

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 1:52 pm
It also depends where the babysitting takes place:
If you bring your kids to her house, (and she can watch other kids, or do her laundry, etc) then its 10 nis/hr here (beit shemesh)
If she comes to your house, (and washes your dirty dishes while the kids sleep) then itsw significantly more - maybe 20 nis/hr and upp

Marion

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 1:56 am
A babysitter or childcare? I pay my teenage babysitter 15NIS/hour, my adults get 25-30. However most childcare providers (in their own homes) charge between 40-60NIS/day for the 8:30-1:30 time period.

lilacdreams

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 1:57 am
depends on age of kids. My kids charge by their age -ie 10 yo charges 10 shekels.

Seraph

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 2:10 am
Raisin wrote:
Seraph wrote:

wouldn't it be more for just looking after one baby?
Halevai. Which is why those who watch babies watch more than 1 so that its more worth their while...

Seraph

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 2:12 am
Keep in mind, posters, that OP was talking about regular basis babysitting... which wouldnt be a teenager, or the price you'd pay for an evening babysitter in your home, but rather a day time metapelet...

shabri

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 2:46 am
Where I live (in Jerusalem) I pay 10 shekel an hr when I send out. My neighbor has someone coming to her and she pays 30 shekel an hr (but I think thats high, its usually abt 25)

Ani

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 3:22 am
Thanks a lot for all the replies. That was very helpful. Thumbs Up

Hmmm... quite a disparity, from 7 to 30 shekel an hour.

Perhaps, it's something to do with baby proliferation in a given area. Where it's 7 - there are lots of babies, while 30 where - fewer. Confused

ray family

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 3:32 am
if it's a metapelet it's usually bet 7-10 an hr
if its @ your house usually around 25 can go up to 40 but if it's on a regular basis you can pay around 15-20
also depends on the neighborhood

ora_43

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 5:15 am
OP, can you say what hours this would be, how many kids, in what type of area (hareidi? in a yishuv? in jerusalem? etc), at whose house, etc?

The extremes (in my experience) would be - if you bring your child to someone's house, where they are also watching other kids, every day during the morning, in a relatively low-income and large-family area - that would cost about 7 shekels/hour.

And if the babysitter comes to your house, where she watches multiple children, in the evening, in a relatively high-income area - that would cost around 25-30 shekel/hour.

Ani

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 6:57 am
It's morning hours (till 1-2pm) in a haredi neighbourhood in Jerusalem. Just one baby on a regular basis + a toddler occasionally. My friend's place.

Marion

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 7:03 am
When I sent DS#1 (during a daycare break) I believe I paid 10NIS/hour, plus 10NIS/day for food. (Food was not generally provided, but I was leaving him until 3:30, not 1. She was happy to feed him from her family's lunch, and I was happy to pay in order to not have to think about what to send.)

When I sent both kids (this past summer) it worked out to 85NIS/day for the 2 of them, and she didn't charge me extra for food (very nice of her; she could have and I wouldn't have batted an eyelash).

FraydaSue

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 7:05 am
There's a huge difference in babysitting costs, depending on where you live. My neighbor runs a "gan" for 1.5 year olds, and charges 430 nis a month - 8:30-1pm. The parents are complaining.

In Modiin, a workmate sends his 1.5 year old to a gan 8:30 - 1:30pm - 1,800nis!

Seraph

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 7:42 am
FraydaSue wrote:
There's a huge difference in babysitting costs, depending on where you live. My neighbor runs a "gan" for 1.5 year olds, and charges 430 nis a month - 8:30-1pm. The parents are complaining.

Yea, my gan for 2-3 year olds, 8-1 makes 450 shekel a month. Fridays till 12.
My sil in a nearby yishuv runs a gan for the same hours, but has off tuesday and friday and makes 650 a month per kid.

catonmylap

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 7:56 am
Seraph wrote:
FraydaSue wrote:

Yea, my gan for 2-3 year olds, 8-1 makes 450 shekel a month. Fridays till 12.
My sil in a nearby yishuv runs a gan for the same hours, but has off tuesday and friday and makes 650 a month per kid.

This year I pay 1100 NIS/month to send my 2.5 to gan from 7:30am-1:15pm, and Fridays from 7:30am-12pm (which I consider to be very good for around here)
Last year I paid 1800 NIS/month for 7:30am-4pm, and 2 fridays a month from 8am-12pm

We pay teenage babysitters 15-17 NIS/an hour. College & adult babysitters take at least 25 NIS/an hour.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers