Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Actual vs Planned RH Menu

Did your planned menu match your actual menu
I didn't make nearly everything I planned to so I had to adjust my menu  
 12%  [ 5 ]
I made way more than I planned to so I served more than I planned to at each meal  
 14%  [ 6 ]
I made and served exactly what I planned to  
 48%  [ 20 ]
Other  
 24%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 41

YummyMommy

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 4:01 pm
When I read the gourmet menus that you all planned I am overwhelmed and curious if you actually got it all done.

I didn't make nearly what I planned. But I have plenty of leftovers anyway!

I did try the onion kugel and the salmon skewers and spaghetti salad that were posted here by Lakewood Mom and Pink Tichel. Thank YOU! They were very much appreciated by DH (not by DC of course). Also the noodle and spinach kugel posted by someone. Adults really loved it!

hello

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 4:11 pm
wow I must've missed out a lot I didn't see any of these posts... does anybody seriously make such fancy stuff for rosh hashana? mayb you can guide me to those posts so I can make it for succos (I think it's more appropriate)

geemum

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 4:28 pm
Planned my meals. nothing elaborate or too complicated. managed to cook all the food I'd planned and have some leftovers, but nothing too much. just the usual half kiguls, 2 portions of meat etc

(although sometimes the names soudn way fancier than the food actually is). yom tov doesnt always need to be so fancy and take so long to prepare to ahve a nice yom tov meal.

Foudn it really helped to plan so early in advance.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 5:01 pm
Quote:
I made and served exactly what I planned to

Well, almost. I did not make anything elaborate -- simple can also taste delicious.

solo

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 5:04 pm
I didnt serve loads of food as others described.
I did try to make my dishes look as nice as possible and everything worked as planned. hooray!

lakewood mom

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 5:14 pm
I ended up making some different side dishes than planned...but otherwise, it was basically the same..and yum!

hipstamom

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 9:26 pm
I cooked half my menu before I got invites for meals. So I tossed them in the freezer and concentrated on cleaning. LOL

YummyMommy

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 10:21 pm
hello wrote:
wow I must've missed out a lot I didn't see any of these posts... does anybody seriously make such fancy stuff for rosh hashana? mayb you can guide me to those posts so I can make it for succos (I think it's more appropriate)

Take a look at the RH Menu post in this forum. It is full of everyone's menu plans. I intend to refer to that post before cooking for succos.

Like someone said, alot of the recipes are easy but yum. The salmon skewers and spaghetti look GORGEOUS (look in the menu post for the recipes) and taste different. It's a little time consuming but easy and worth it. My DH commented that you'd pay a fortune for it in a restaurant.

Only thing is my kids just like the basics and we don't really have company so sometimes it's hard to get motivated to make all these dishes just for me (dieting anyway) and DH.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 10:25 pm
Being that it's shabbos and a late yom tov I didn't make a big variety. We enjoyed what we had and didn't find the need to make more things.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 11:54 pm
I cooked and served according to my planned menu, minus 2 meals Smile We were home for only half the meals at the end.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 2:29 am
Well I don't think I made any more or any less over all - a bit more for some meals a bit less for others. just different things than what I posted on this site. I posted my rough draft, just after my initial brainstorming.
Which reminds me I think I'm going to raid some of the leftovers, everything came out great (except for my onion soup that turned out sour for some reason, and I had to toss it).

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 4:27 am
I pretty much made everything as I planned, except for the following.
Dinner--I skipped chicken main, had too much meat just with brisket and stuffed courgettes/peppers. Actually I made roasted chicken but it was somewhat small and didn't have enough for each guests. So I stick it to the freezer and we'll be using it this shabbat.

Dinner--made a potato kugel, no luck with fennels so no fennel salad. instead just bowls of cherry tomatoes.

Lunch--ended up making a bit more than expected. Two fishes on each days, salmon loaf on the first day, fried cod fillets on the second day. I also made courgette flan, basically a quiche without crust. A guest brought a chocolate cake, had parve menu so real icecream for dessert.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 4:27 am
I pretty much made everything as I planned, except for the following.
Dinner--I skipped chicken main, had too much meat just with brisket and stuffed courgettes/peppers. Actually I made roasted chicken but it was somewhat small and didn't have enough for each guests. So I stick it to the freezer and we'll be using it this shabbat.

Dinner--made a potato kugel, no luck with fennels so no fennel salad. instead just bowls of cherry tomatoes.

Lunch--ended up making a bit more than expected. Two fishes on each days, salmon loaf on the first day, fried cod fillets on the second day. I also made courgette flan, basically a quiche without crust. A guest brought a chocolate cake, had parve menu so real icecream for dessert.

Seraph

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 4:34 am
I cooked everything planned, and then my neighbor shows up with a yontif meal she cooked for me. shock B'h and she is a great neighbor/freind but it was a surprise, so I had plenty of extra food to eat as leftovers...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus