Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Sukkot Menu's Anyone?
Previous  1  2

LisaS

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 1:04 pm
OOTBubby - can I come over? It all sounds so yummy!

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 3:07 pm
LisaS wrote:

If you want to travel to America and then some to my OOT city, you're more than welcome!

Thank you (I've been doing this for 35 years now and have pretty much got it down -- everything is even cooked except for last minutes salads and the cholent [though the potatoes for it are peeled]).

Raisin

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 3:08 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
LisaS wrote:

If you want to travel to America and then some to my OOT city, you're more than welcome!

Thank you (I've been doing this for 35 years now and have pretty much got it down -- everything is even cooked except for last minutes salads and the cholent [though the potatoes for it are peeled]).

when do you start cooking? and is this all alone, or do you have help?

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 3:12 pm
Raisin wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
LisaS wrote:

I started the week before Rosh Hashana (didn't have comany then so I didn't need much extra for RH). I do everything alone (no kids at home, all DDs married, though I have steady cleaning help, but I do wash the dishes, pots, etc. myself). I work slowly doing some everyday but not too much since I've got some physical limitations which can be problematic if I do too much at once.

I am very big on doing things in advance. I believe you should do whatever you can when you have a chance to since you never know what may come up in the meantime. That way I can also relax on Erev YT.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 5:48 pm
Raisin wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
LisaS wrote:

My answer above was not 100% accurate. One DIL made 2 of the kugels and 2 of the desserts. And she, as well as the others haved offered to do more, I just prefer to do most myself and let them be guests (they do help with setup, serving, cleanup, etc. all the time when here).

Mevater

Post Thu, Oct 01 2009, 10:45 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
My answer above was not 100% accurate. One DIL made 2 of the kugels and 2 of the desserts. And she, as well as the others haved offered to do more, I just prefer to do most myself and let them be guests (they do help with setup, serving, cleanup, etc. all the time when here).
Even so, I have no idea what you do (it seems you're a working lady) but you sound like a (nice) Jewish Martha Stewart to me. Ever thought of having a kosher cooking show?

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 5:58 am
Mevater wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
Even so, I have no idea what you do (it seems you're a working lady) but you sound like a (nice) Jewish Martha Stewart to me. Ever thought of having a kosher cooking show?

Thank you for the nice compliments. I do work (I have my own business -- desktop publishing -- working from home). However, virtually all of my customers are frum mosdos and schools so I have almost no work from Labor Day until a few weeks after Sukkos (same thing from Purim until after Pesach), so that makes things much easier.

I just have a lot of experience (though didn't know anything about the kitchen before I got married), and I work first (and avoid things that are big patchkes or are very time consuming to do).

tzatza

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 6:08 am
OOTBubby wrote:
Raisin wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
LisaS wrote:

I started the week before Rosh Hashana (didn't have comany then so I didn't need much extra for RH). I do everything alone (no kids at home, all DDs married, though I have steady cleaning help, but I do wash the dishes, pots, etc. myself). I work slowly doing some everyday but not too much since I've got some physical limitations which can be problematic if I do too much at once.

I am very big on doing things in advance. I believe you should do whatever you can when you have a chance to since you never know what may come up in the meantime. That way I can also relax on Erev YT.

My kinda of philosophy Thumbs Up
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus