Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bumbleride - Indie vs. Flyer

Beauticianista

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 3:41 pm
Hi,

I'm having a hard time choosing between these 2 carriages, and any opinions would be appreciated.

http://www.bumbleride.com/coll.....s.php
http://www.bumbleride.com/coll.....s.php

Here are the differences:

1)The Indie has 3 - 12" air tires while the Flyer has 4 - 7" tires
2)The Indie has the baby facing forward while the Flyer can be reversed so the baby faces you or the outside
3)You recline the Indie's seat by pulling on a string in the back (so have to use 2 hands) while the Flyer is reclined into 1 of 5 positions by pulling a bar (1-handed)
4)Flyer includes a bumper bar while the Indie doesn't (not a big deal though)

Otherwise they are pretty much the same, both can take the same bassinet part, the same carseats... The Indie is $100 more but the price is not being factored into the decision.

TIA to anyone taking the time to respond.

Edited to add that space is very important for me and the Flyer folds up quite a bit smaller than the Indie, however the Indie is a sturdier carriage overall it seems

chocolatemilk

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 12:48 am
if the indie is sturdier and price difference is ok with you I'd go for the indie

Mini Cookie

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 8:24 am
I have the indie twin from bumbleride, just wanna say that bumbleride customer service is amazing. They replaced my wheel (got a gash through to the tube) by trusting my word(didn't ask for a proof of purchase or any info) & called me right back when I emailed them for a question on how to clean the carriage.

I hate that it folds so bulky. I hate that it has no bars.
The basket is nice and big.
The inclining/reclining is no big deal (easier than my bugaboo or inglesina!)

G'luck on your decision!

INSPIREME

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 8:37 am
Hey - I checked out these carriages and really like the look of the Bumbleride Queen B. Anybody have any experience with this carriage? Also, what type of price range are we talking about here?

Beauticianista

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 10:16 am
Thanks so much, I will probably end up sticking with the Indie but I'd love to hear more opinions if anyone else owns either of these.

Number_1

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 1:51 pm
I have the Indie '08 twin, and I love it. Although it folds big... Mine has a bar, but the '09 doesnt. I find the bar being a very important thing, so maybe you would do the flyer and I like the idea that you can turn it around...which is very good when the baby is young. How does it fold? Does it have pumped wheels?

Beauticianista

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 3:07 pm
The Indie has a quick 2-handed fold while the Flyer has a 1-handed fold, but there isn't really any major difference there. The Flyer doesn't have air tires, and I just can't decide if that's a good thing or not.

waterbottle

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 11:16 pm
I reviewed my Bumbleride Indie 2010 on my blog here:

http://askchavi.blogspot.com/2......html

brbs

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 8:12 pm
I have the flyer and love it!! I find that when I am out on a sunny day I often switch the handles back and forth to keep my baby out of the sun. I think it would be more difficult to do this if I had to switch the seat vs just the handle and clicking the wheels.

I got it for 4 reasons:
Takes a car seat
Lays flat like a bassinet without a seperate piece
Can face baby or have baby face out
less then 20lbs

I have really enjoyed it over the last year plus but the one thing I hate is that it doesn't fold up small so I am thinking about transistioning to an umbrella stroller, but I don't regret my purchase for an instant.I have the flyer and love it!! I find that when I am out on a sunny day I often switch the handles back and forth to keep my baby out of the sun. I think it would be more difficult to do this if I had to switch the seat vs just the handle and clicking the wheels.

I got it for 4 reasons:
Takes a car seat
Lays flat like a bassinet without a separate piece
Can face baby or have baby face out
less then 20lbs

I have really enjoyed it over the last year plus but the one thing I hate is that it doesn't fold up small so I am thinking about transitioning to an umbrella stroller, but I don't regret my purchase for an instant.

thedudette

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 12:53 am
I have the flyer and LOVE IT! only negative is that there is no one handle to carry it by when it's folded. Other than that it is by far the best!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics