Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Freezing pancakes

gdgirl

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 12:34 pm
If I made Aunt Jemima pancakes from a mix, and theres too many, can I freeze them?
I know they sell frozen pancakes, so I think this should be fine, right?
I would like to freeze them to be defrosted and eaten as is, or warmed in microwave or toaster
What do you think??

MMEC123

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 12:37 pm
Should be fine.

gdgirl

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 12:54 pm
thanks. do you think they will need to be heated, or just defrosted and eaten as is.
also, how long do you think they should keep in the fridge?

sunny90

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 9:07 am
I do this all the time! Just heat them up in the microwave, its great when you don't feel like cooking or have picky eaters who won't eat what u made for dinner.
In the fridge--never tried it, but should prob last 2-3 days. But they taste much fresher out of the freezer.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 10:00 am
It's best if you wrap them either individually or two in a plastic film, instead of trying to freeze a whole stack of them. You just take as many as you want from the freezer and microwave. They microwave VERY quickly (mine takes literally like 10sec).

DovDov

Post Tue, Nov 10 2009, 10:03 am
It's totally fine to freeze pancakes. DH likes to snack on pancakes during the day, so I over-cook majorly the few times I make them and freeze stuffed in a sandwich bag. He eats as they defrost. If I wanted to serve them again at a normal meal, I'd lay them flat on a cookie sheet to flash freeze and then stack in a bag in the freezer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen