Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Shoppng list?

yaeli83

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 2:17 am
I wasnt sure where to post this, but thought this might be a good place.

anyway I seem to have this problem where I go shopping and think I am buying a lot, and then when I get home and put it all in the fridge, we still seem to have NOTHING to eat Smile Anyone else have this problem?

Does anyone have ideas of what things to always keep in the house, that you don't have to cook neccesarily. Im looking more for good snack/meal items that can be eaten on the go (but somewhat healthy) as opposed to buying ingrediants that I have to cook. (also Im in Israel so specific ideas for that would be helpful!) Also its just Dh and I for now if that makes a difference... If I buy too many fruits and vegis they will just spoil...

Thanks!

Marion

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 3:17 am
When it was just two of us the fridge often looked 1/2 empty. You can precook many items if you want to have quick & easy on hand: hard boiled eggs, boiled potatoes, cooked pasta also keeps well for several days. Tuna is one of the only canned items I keep on hand (along with things I just can't buy fresh...like baby corn and hearts of palm). I pre-peel & chop things like carrot sticks, peppers, cucumber and store them in sealed containers so I can grab them.

Isramom8

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 4:08 am
You might invest the time into making a list of the meals and snacks your family actually eats in a week, or what you would like everyone to eat in a week, and plan your shopping lists accordingly.

Good staples you can use to prepare quick meals can include sliced bread - store in the freezer, tuna, canned vegetables, cheese, frozen soy products, crackers, oatmeal, cold cereal, ketchup, tomato sauce, peanut butter, jam, eggs.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 8:44 am
How often do you shop? Lately I have been just going once a week so I have to be pretty organized.

I have a list on one side, with the columns arranged the same was as the store. In each column I write the foods I buy every week - OJ, yogurt, etc. I have photocpied the list so certain items always stay on it.

On the other side I have the days of the week, and I list dinner for that night. When I shop, I know I have to get enough yogurts for breakfast, for example, enough fruits for snack, etc. And I know I have to get food for dinner for a few nights, esp. if we eat leftovers the other nights.

Does that help you at all ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus