Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Anyone know this story and can help fill in details?
Previous  1  2

Butterfly

Post Thu, Oct 29 2009, 12:06 pm
Atali wrote:
Butterfly wrote:
marina wrote:
I'm thinking that story would be against halacha, being that she should have chosen herself, al pi din.

So why are we telling this story to people?

Thumbs Up
Raizle wrote:

I heard this story a number of times and each time I hear it I think the same thing. If it's a Jewish story then it's either made up or they went against halacha

I don't see anything positive about repeating this story and I always have my reservations about even believing these types of stories.

Thumbs Up
Ok, just for arguments sake, let us assume that she wasn't aware of the halacha, and made this huge sacrifice, out of the goodness of her heart.. to save the baby's life.

Has she considered the difficult consequences this little boy would have to endure without his MOTHER being there for him from the moment he's born, to nurture him, to love him, to feed him, to raise him, and whatever else that only a MOTHER can give!?!

How about the other members of the family, the husband, children, parents, and etc. who were left traumatized, and most likely, negatively affected in many areas as well? (possibly for life???)

Neh, this story ain't for real.. I think ye better get the facts straight, cuz their must be some sensible/logical factors missing here.

I could easily imagine a mother who was unaware of the halacha choosing her child's life over hers.

I'd agree with you 100%, in the case of a living child. however, there is a big difference between choosing the life of an 'unborn' that could have had a chance to live, or choosing it the other way around, and traumatize an entire family for years to come.. HUGE difference!

As I had mentioned in my previous post.. I have no doubt in my mind that there are some 'sensible/logical' factors missing to this story. Confused
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics