Home

CAN WE SAVE THE CARROT SOUP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

queen

Post Posted: Fri, May 05 2006, 2:40 am       Post subject: CAN WE SAVE THE CARROT SOUP?
I must have been overly generous with the water and not as much with the actual carrots as my soup tastes like carrot water, not soup. Sad

Would it work for me to boil a pound or two of new (fresh) carrots in the same soup that was made yesterday to help with the flavor or is the 8 quart pot of soup doomed?

TIA

YESHASettler

Post Posted: Fri, May 05 2006, 2:46 am       Post subject: re: CAN WE SAVE THE CARROT SOUP?
Keep the soup on a low simmer, uncovered. The water will cook out.

chocolate moose

Post Posted: Fri, May 05 2006, 9:49 am       Post subject:
You can add zucchini and onions and other veggies, too, for flavor. I almost alwlays do.

queen

Post Posted: Fri, May 05 2006, 4:15 pm       Post subject:
SaraG wrote:
You can add zucchini and onions and other veggies, too, for flavor. I almost alwlays do.

what a great idea saraG, will try next week

DefyGravity

Post Posted: Fri, May 05 2006, 4:43 pm       Post subject: re: CAN WE SAVE THE CARROT SOUP?
Any time a soup tastes bland, I ALWAYS add chicken consoumme. It always does the trick.
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Page 1 of 1