Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Good carriers for newborns
Previous  1  2

Aribenj

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 1:36 pm
I use a peanut shell. I love it! My 10 month old still uses it all the time! It's NEVER made me sore. Ever. It's incredibly comfortable, and I like the fact that they come in all kinds of sizes. Also I was always able to bf in it, and no one would even notice!

chaylizi

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 1:40 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
YESHASettler wrote:
Plonis wrote:
I loved using an adjustable pouch for a newborn. Nice cozy baby position (cradle), and easy to sit down, pull of the shoulder strap, and nurse.

Not quite sure what a pouch is, but if it's what I think it is, it's the most dangerous thing on the market.
No, that's a bag sling. A pouch sling is like hotslings.com (that's not adjustable). It's perfectly safe when used correctly.

[OT: my 20 month old started using a real 'bag' sling for her doll...she takes her little purse and puts in a doll, a bottle (gift from someone, not that my baby has ever had a bottle!), and a dollhouse chair and walks around carrying her baby like that. It's pretty funny Very Happy]

Funny, my kids nurse their babies. Yours don't? They haven't figured out a use for the bottles that come with their dollies.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 9:45 pm
They nurse them as well. Well, my boys have outgrown that stage Tongue Out
I think my daughter figured out the bottle thing from the sitter. I never would have bought her one...

Tova

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 11:15 pm
That's what I was thinking...don't you pump for your kids and have the sitter give them bottles? Of course she'd know what it is.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Apr 13 2010, 10:31 am
My baby hasn't yet had a bottle, and my daughter doesn't remember the last time she had a bottle (she was a year old, she's almost 2 now)...it must be from other kids, though there aren't really babies at her sitter.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics