Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Ein hara lady in meah shearim
Previous  1  2

shiradye

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 5:59 pm
Mrs. Lutzkin's daughter does it in Mrs. Lutzkin's house in the evenings, from 8 to 11/2. I know her daughter personally; her name is Elka Cohen. You can definitely call in with the names, and she does the pouring lead thing as well as say some tehillim. The money is mailed in or given in person. THIS IS NOT A SUGGESTION ON MY PART, just information for those who are looking for it.

lalelo

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 6:05 pm
just wondering, do u just give them your hebrew name, or need to tell them ur problems etc and then they see if u have an ein hara

anyone been to the lady in williamsburg?

shmoozer

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 6:08 pm
just give them your hebrew name. I called the one in williumsburg on the phone, but never been to her

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 9:16 pm
hm...has anyone done this and seen a difference??

Burrrberry

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 9:39 pm
I too went to this woman in Meah Shearim. It was a bit eerie. They pour hot lead that clumps and you can see "eyes" in the clump. They repeat the process until the clump comes out without any eyes. They say some tehillim and take a donation for hachnoses kallah (at least that's what they told me) but because I was from NY it was like triple the price (not sure why!) People that were waiting in line swear by it and are regular customers. It was an interesting experience, if nothing else.

TehillaHadassah

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 10:16 pm
I appreciate the artsy feel to an ein hara lady and I went to Mekubal Rav Yosef Sheinberger z"l on a regular basis. But how would one know they have an ein hara and are not just paying for some personal yuckiness which I am constantly occupied. embarrassed Bad me.
But isn't that why we are here? To correct ourselves (and universe) through teshuvah?
Or are we going to these people to help heal us when we can not do it ourselves like it is written somewhere that a person can not heal themselves.
(It was the Gemara where one Rabbi holds the wrist of another and asks do you want to be healed?) or close to that.
Just wonder when we go out for a healing and when do we stay at home and work on it?
------
And is this healing covered by Medicare? ( Just joking.) Very Happy

mama mia

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 11:09 pm
I'm not sure if there is someone else, but I thought that her name is Rebbetzin Gruzman (or maybe that was hebrew for Grossman) in Meah Shearim I think on a third floor and it was $18 donation. I went with a friend and her grandmother who had foot problems for a long time and afterwards she realized that her foot was fine.

Of course we all have areas where we need to grow and work on ourselves, but there is a concept of ayin tov and ayin ra in this world and I don't think that most of us understand how great the implications of that can be.

TehillaHadassah

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 11:53 pm
Well I sure need to know more about this and how to protect family and self. Is there something that can be read in English about it? Of course I have known about this all my life, but I am beginning to take things a lot more seriously now. (Past 30 years)
Do adults wear the red string? We have a few of these little signs and books by the front door, but I do not know what they are for.
Where do we learn more please.
Thank you.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 12:25 am
ClaRivka wrote:
I went with my brother in law to an eyin hara rav (the rav only spoke hebrew and my bil did not so I translated) and I have to tell you that about two years later, I see absolutely no difference in my bil's sitaution in life, but I think that the reason is that he does not want to change.

you have to want to make a change or be receptive to the rav and his ideas of what to do. if you are not, as with my BIL, then nothing is likely to happen.

JollyMommy

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 1:29 am
there was a women in CH I went to, it's called getting "shpreched", she asked me to bring in a piece of clothing and wrote my name on a cloth and pinned it to the skirt I brought, went in another room and told me to give tzedaka and wear the skirt. unfortunately I don't recall her name, anyone?

it was a time that I was going through something difficult and right after that things B"H got a lot better for me.

I go for these kinds of things, why not?

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 2:07 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
ClaRivka wrote:
I went with my brother in law to an eyin hara rav (the rav only spoke hebrew and my bil did not so I translated) and I have to tell you that about two years later, I see absolutely no difference in my bil's sitaution in life, but I think that the reason is that he does not want to change.

you have to want to make a change or be receptive to the rav and his ideas of what to do. if you are not, as with my BIL, then nothing is likely to happen.

sounds the same as going to a rebbe and asking for advice.

shiradye

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 8:26 am
I spoke to Mrs. Lutzkin's daughter this morning. She says that Mrs. L. doesn't remove ayin hara anymore, (and she's about 75, not 100,) but her children do it in her home.

Hours:
11-1 A Daughter
4-8 2 sons do it. They do it for women then as well.
8-11:30 PM A Daughter

Again, this is just informational for those that are interested, and not a suggestion to do at all.

bigprincess

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 12:20 pm
There is Liora Tedgi, I know her mother did it, she didn't ask for money but we gave her anyways.

Israel:
3/1 Yakim Street, Jerusalem
Israel 91410
Tel: 972-2-5824630 / 5401006
Fax: 972-2-5326637
http://www.terror-victims.org.il/
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics