Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
ISO clothing for my 7 year old daughter
Previous  1  2

sgr

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 2:46 pm
We were just in Ny for a visit.I did really well for my 7 year old daughter in the J store they are closing on 13th ave Girandola on 16th ave is having a 60 off sale got adorable stuff for great prices!
Good Luck!

avimom

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 5:28 pm
Don't know if you want to go into Williamsburg, but Bickels on Lee Ave. always has dresses and skirts for really cheap, plus a lot of tzinus tops in all price ranges...

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 5:31 pm
Do many mothers only let their daughters wear collared shirts ? If you, then you may as well just order her long sleeved polos from Lands End or similar; you can cut the sleeves to make them 3/4 length.

Atali

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 6:16 pm
How about these polo shirts:

http://www.walmart.com/browse/.....epts=

You can get four of the long-sleeved ones for $23

2busy

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 7:38 pm
gymboree is having a real cheap sale now - also you can always check places like ebay etc for better deals or other styles

Tehilla

Post Fri, Jul 23 2010, 8:56 am
In case you still didn't see anything: Target has some nice long sleeved tops and a few sweaters on their website. You just have to scroll through the pages. Kohls.com also has some long sleeved tops in their 4-6x girls section that goes up to size 7. Very Happy Also if you google promo codes, in addition to the sale Kohls has a 15% off coupon plus free shipping for an order over $75. Sometimes they have 20-30% too.

bashinda

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 7:45 am
Thanks everyone. Just saw this. And I still haven't bought her clothing. At this point we'll just get through summer (yey, camp tee shirts!) and I'll shop for fall.

Tehilla: I'll try target and kohls. Gymboree has lovely quality. When my oldest was in the before 3 days I got a ton of stuff on ebay and they were still good for my younger daughter when she needed them.

Thanks Very Happy

zigi

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 7:53 am
gymboree has a really nice skirt for 20$ I also have an extra coupon for 20% off pm if you want it, there is also a flowery summer skirt on sale for 16% now all the stores have long sleeve shirts.

childrens place black and denim skirts are 13$ the waist is big. but it covers the knees. they also have nice shirts.

lands end has a dress that covers the knees. its 24.40

Tech_mom

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 8:17 am
zigi:
regarding the denim or black skirt at TCP, have you bought it? did you see the length? looks like the waist is adjustable - does that look correct to you?
if so, what size would I get if I wanted it to fit a tall 9 year old?

Tehilla

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 8:27 am
Tech_mom wrote:
zigi:
regarding the denim or black skirt at TCP, have you bought it? did you see the length? looks like the waist is adjustable - does that look correct to you?

I bought them for my girls. The waistbands (unfortunately) are not adjustable. Sad But we love the skirts! I don't think they will last as long as the adjustable ones but will do for as long as they are tznius length.

I have two very tall girls. One is very slender also (4 years old). I bought her a 5 and it fits perfectly. For my tall but average weight almost 6 year old I bought a size 8.

The length is below the knee comforably even for sitting, in the sizes I bought.

zigi

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 8:29 am
Tech_mom wrote:
zigi:

the waist isn't adjustable. so if your dd is skinny it will be on the hips. - last year the skirt was the same way. it was long when it was on the hips. mid calve, and now its closer to knee length.-

hm a 9 year old. I got the 6x for a 5 year old and it is pretty long. I called up the store they said that the measurements are on the size chart and it its for at the knee skirts.

Tech_mom

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 8:34 am
zigi:
thanx. I have the one from last year and the year before (both are tiered styles, but one has a zipper and snap in the front, the other is all tiered.) Which one are you referring to when you say that it is similar?

I found that I took in the one with the snap front and pockets . I have it in a 10 and 12 (yes my daughter is tall) Its wide but still normal looking. I wonder if I get a 12 or 14 if it will look right proportionally. The price is still so much less than the jewish stores (unless you can recommend something - but that is the whole thread)

Anybody else buy it?

Tehilla

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 8:36 am
Tech_mom wrote:
Anybody else buy it?

I responded above.

Tech_mom

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 8:48 am
Tehilla:
Thank you for pointing out your reply. I guess I just skipped to the end of the thread and saw Zigi's.
Ok so it seems safe to buy the 10 or 12. Got it that there is no adjustable waist.
Its totally worth it with a coupon. I just wish that I had some free ship coupons Very Happy - can't have it all.

As my girls grow, it is really challenging for my budget conscious/value driven shopping attitude to find clothes that make my girls feel comparable to their peers. I am the kind of person who wants to be in the acceptable range - not on the high end nor on the lowest point.

I am reaching that point where I have to bite the bullet for some things and pay more. I feel so uncomfortable going into jewish stores and having to ask prices (because there are no prices marked) and feeling like a nothing because I don't want to pay $40 for a skirt etc. One place had a clearance rack and I found a decent skirt and jacket ($10 for each piece)- for shabbos for my daughter - they wouldn't let her try it on - why should the "bargain" customer be taking up room in the dressing room when more important sales were to be made?!

zigi

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 9:02 am
tech mom the one with the zipper and snaps.

I know what you mean about dressing you dd! I agree, I want to be middle road. I had to change my idea of what a good price is. 20$ for a skirt isn't bad I'm not looking forward to have to pay 30-40 in the frum stores. I used to be able to dress dd in brand names for 5$ head to toe. oh well. b'h for coupons, sales, gymbucks etc..

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 10:25 am
are these the cp skirts you are referring to?

http://www.childrensplace.com/.....getID

http://www.childrensplace.com/.....girls

zigi

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 10:33 am
PinkandYellow wrote:
are these the cp skirts you are referring to?

http://www.childrensplace.com/.....getID

http://www.childrensplace.com/.....girls

no they are sold out now. the purple zebra tulle skirt and the red one are knee length. I saw girls wearing them

bashinda

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 12:35 pm
these are skorts btw, not skirts. I still haven't gotten any shopping done for her and now it's fall. Children's place looks just as inappropriate as ever. Kohl's is not better. I guess I'm going to Boro Park after all.

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 6:12 pm
ok. I just went to childrens place today after work. a few things. their socks are on sale, ten for ten dollars. you can print out a fifteen percent off coupon if you plan on going. and I saw some skirts that looked like they may be long enough. kinda pleated with a bend over top with a heart on it , its not called bent over its something else where the top of the skirt is wide and you fold it over or s/t like that. anyways, it looks like it is long enough. good luck.

carters has turtlenecks that are two for fourteen dollars. is that a good price? I like long sleeve undershirts for the kids in the winter but only could find turtlenecks. I know cuz I looked last year. in israel I was always able to buy long sleeve undershirts for the kids in the winter. where else could I find s/t like this? any ideas?

challi

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 6:20 pm
try target this week. Their store brand tees for boys and girls are $5 a piece look at page 8-9 on their weekly ad on their website to see exactly which ones.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains