Home

Describe these schools to me:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

myfriends715

Post Posted: Sat, Sep 25 2010, 8:31 pm       Post subject: describe these schools to me:
tell me what u know about these schools (not asking for LH but what type of ppl go there, whats the student body like, are people who send there generally happy) I am sooo confused where to send my ds

MIR
Kaminetz
Chofetz chaim

please describe each one (if u have s.t to say that may b letoeles that u dont want to post plz pm me)

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/gFz6m4.png

myfriends715

Post Posted: Sat, Sep 25 2010, 10:46 pm       Post subject:
anyone?

QUEENY

Post Posted: Sat, Sep 25 2010, 11:27 pm       Post subject: re: describe these schools to me:
I think the MIR has a more Yeshivish crowd than Kaminetz. I send my boys to kaminetz I am not the MIR type.

smilingmom

Post Posted: Sun, Sep 26 2010, 10:12 am       Post subject: re: describe these schools to me:
I switched my kids from Mir to Toras Emes, (kametitz), one kid was going to fourth grade, the other before 8th.

We are a long term kollel family, but felt that Mir was turning my kids off learning and where scared that the attitude towards frumkeit was one that said frumkeit is shvir and not fun and enjoyable.

the warmth of the toras emes teachers and Rebbeim, and the rescpect of all subjects, including divrei chol made my kids both love learning.
Both are learning in kollel and still maintain a close connection to theri clasmates and rebbiem.
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Page 1 of 1