Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Shosh's Totally Silly Forum
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

shosh

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 5:33 pm
Trouble is that whenever I see these, I remember all the rude and silly versions that we horrible kids made up to them like:

Oh dear what can the matter be, two old ladies locked in the lavatory, they were there from Monday to Saturday and nobody knew they were there!!!! Music

Which reminds me of when my sister was in her school choir and we were all tortured by having to go to an Xmas concert (unfortunately she sang the carols too ...). And my dad and I were bored stiff, surrounded by all these pple singing Xmas carols. It was pure torture. Anyway they get to the terrible song, "When shepherds watched their flocks by night," and Dad and I couldn't resist it and we started singing along with our words: "When shepherds washed their socks by night all seated round the tub. A bar of sunlight soap fell down and they all began to scrub. An angel of the Lord appeared and said those socks are mine!" Dad and I were killing ourselves laughing, and Mum was digging us both in the ribs and telling us to shut up. And my sister never forgave us!!!!

(I told you we both have a silly sense of humour!!!)

Those were the days!!!! And am I happy that at least my kids don't put me through such boring things at least !!!!

simchat

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 6:56 pm
shosh wrote:
Trouble is that whenever I see these, I remember all the rude and silly versions that we horrible kids made up to them like:

Oh dear what can the matter be, two old ladies locked in the lavatory, they were there from Monday to Saturday and nobody knew they were there!!!! Music

Which reminds me of when my sister was in her school choir and we were all tortured by having to go to an Xmas concert (unfortunately she sang the carols too ...). And my dad and I were bored stiff, surrounded by all these pple singing Xmas carols. It was pure torture. Anyway they get to the terrible song, "When shepherds watched their flocks by night," and Dad and I couldn't resist it and we started singing along with our words: "When shepherds washed their socks by night all seated round the tub. A bar of sunlight soap fell down and they all began to scrub. An angel of the Lord appeared and said those socks are mine!" Dad and I were killing ourselves laughing, and Mum was digging us both in the ribs and telling us to shut up. And my sister never forgave us!!!!

(I told you we both have a silly sense of humour!!!)

Those were the days!!!! And am I happy that at least my kids don't put me through such boring things at least !!!!

hahaa! that takes me back... we used to use the name of a certain teacher though: `oh dear, what can the matter be, mrs ____ `s stuck in the lavatory...` not so nice, I know... embarrassed

RPESN

Post Sat, Dec 18 2010, 7:03 pm
HA HA HA!!! That is hilarious! Your mother must have been mortified...
My mother once took me to a pantomime in some little village somewhere as she really wanted to see how people do pantos properly so she'd get a good idea of how to make one (probably just coz she'd not been to one since she was a kid and not frum!). They were doing the Wizard of Oz. Unfortunately, nowadays nothing is totally decent (she'd purposely picked one for kids and a pareve plot), and the 'dance trooop' came on wearing at least a few bits of clothes... The chorus has stayed in my mind for close on 15 years and it's such a' prost' tune it drives me dilly. 'Give 'em the old razzle dazzle, give 'em the 1 2 3 " or something like that.
Anyone else do daft things to keep the kids laughing (and have fun), like doing stupid dances in the kitchen and/or putting on stupid voices and saying stupid stuff? One Shabbos, I came into the dining room with the 'next course' and saw my husband had left the room. Next thing I knew, he shouted 'Boo' and popped out from under the table.... He also has a tendency to answer either '7' or 'apples' to any question asked..... Mad
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics