Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Charades and Tangled Ties- Family First serials
Previous  1  2  3  4

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Sep 22 2011, 8:50 am
I also thought the ending was weak.

I had been waiting and waiting to see how Brachie grows up and matures - dependency in 18-25 year old women is a real issue in our community. C'mon, you're ADULTS. You can fly across the country on your own (with a kid or two or three), you can make your own food, and you can figure out what type of career to pursue. You're no longer 10 years old!!

seeker

Post Thu, Sep 22 2011, 10:45 am
I don't need all threads tied up at the end, but I still felt the ending was weakish - if you're not ending by tying up all the loose ends, then you need to end with a different kind of punch. Not just, kinda, stop.

But overall this was by far my favorite serial in a long time, from all the magazines. It was enjoyable and real and had just the right amount of depth without being too melodramatic. The characters were very well-rounded, realistic, and easy to relate to. I also would have liked to see more of Esti and maybe also Zev - not necessarily shidduchim, but side plots perhaps, so it's not hyperfocused on the one family.

canada

Post Thu, Sep 22 2011, 10:47 am
canada wrote:
Weak ending. Everything got resolved in this chapter.
Tova is at peace, Avenr is at peace. Yoni is ready to get married etc.

oops, not Yoni, I meant Shimon!

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Sep 25 2011, 2:12 am
I felt it ended perfectly. No cliches, no expected soap opera storylines. Instead, everyone experienced growthh in their personal battle. perfect ending.

canada

Post Sun, Sep 25 2011, 9:03 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I felt it ended perfectly. No cliches, no expected soap opera storylines. Instead, everyone experienced growthh in their personal battle. perfect ending.

Don't you find that it ended with everyones personal battles (and growth) resolved like in the last chapter. All at once...

sarahd

Post Mon, Sep 26 2011, 9:34 am
Exactly. That's the weakness of the ending.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room