Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Challah baking pans?

chanainisrael

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 11:49 pm
Hi-
I live OOT (in the US) and would like to get my hands on some new challah baking pans. I made a batch of challah this weekend and used small, disposable pans last week. I want something larger. I used to put the challah on regular baking sheets. I would like to get something more permanent and larger. Where do I get some good quality challah baking pans?

Thanks!

paprika

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 12:16 am
http://www.readygetsetparty.co......html

This is a sample of how it looks. In Brooklyn, you can go into any hardware store and choose your size. On the web, google challah pans oval.

Liba

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 3:59 am
http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-W.....=8-13 This is what I have and I really like them. They are great for challah, cookies and jelly roll cakes.

noosheen

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 6:56 am
Anyone tried the new silicone ones with the shape of the challah is the shape of the pan? Like its prebraided for u. Curious to know if they're good.

Liba

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 6:59 am
My SIL has one. The loaves are large and look almost braided. She gets four loaves of challa from five pounds of flour when she uses the silicone pans that look braided. They are good for a simcha, but that is a lot of challah for a seuda if you don't have a pretty large crowd.

paprika

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 1:34 pm
Liba wrote:
My SIL has one. The loaves are large and look almost braided. She gets four loaves of challa from five pounds of flour when she uses the silicone pans that look braided. They are good for a simcha, but that is a lot of challah for a seuda if you don't have a pretty large crowd.

How does it end up being flat on the bottom. Im assuming that you put the pan on a cookie sheet. But thien, how do you know how much dough to put in that it should rise the exact amount of the shape?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads