Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
How to stop him urinating outside the bowl?
Previous  1  2

Shuly

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 3:54 pm
I taught my son to make bubbles in the water with his pee and he thinks that is a lot of fun. Whenever he goes to the bathroom by himself, I remind him to make bubbles. I'm hoping it will become a habit!

Fox

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 4:11 pm
mimimom wrote:
In my experience it's a losing battle--even with adult men! Teach him to clean up well after himself--as everyone should, every time.

I had to double-check whether this thread was in "Parenting" or "Shalom Bayis"!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 7:11 pm
My dh has a friend that all guys in the house must sit to go LOL

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 7:17 pm
I know someone who had her boys use the bathtub instead of the toilet for a while. I don't love the idea, but my son doesn't generally leave puddles, so I'm not doing that.

get a toilet cleaner that turns the water blue. if they aim into the toilet, the water should turn green. some kids find that fun. ask a shaila about using those on shabbos, though, I've heard it can be a problem.

Vegieburger

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 7:26 pm
I have three boys...and a lot of clorox wipes.

Jewishmofm

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 7:50 pm
With four boys, we have admitted defeat and are thinking of buying these:

http://www.webstaurantstore.co......html

I have no sense of smell, so it's taking me time to get over the price . . .

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 9:55 pm
Ruchel wrote:
My dh has a friend that all guys in the house must sit to go LOL

I know someone who has a ton of boys and she took off the toilet seat and told her boys they MUST sit down until they know how to go without spritzing all over! It really worked! (these were older boys though)

haleyaskins

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 9:59 pm
Just potty trained my son a few weeks ago and we transitioned him to pishing standing up last week. My husband showed him to stand up straight so that the pish goes in the bowl, but I noticed he was overcompensating and arching his back which looked uncomfortable. So, my husband suggested he place his hands on the lid of the toilet seat (the part which has been lifted up), almost supporting yourself with the toilet.
That way the pish will definitely go in the bowl and not anywhere else.

For some reason, as I write it, it sounds really strange. But, it's a pretty simple solution.

OldYoung

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 10:11 pm
Some people suggested cheerios, we used fruit loops. It was really fun for my son! (Not so nice to throw food into the toilet, but there's so little nutritional value in there anyway! Confused ) Sometimes he holds onto the seat in front too and it really helps. Also, keep a box of clorox wipes nearby and wipe down a few times during the day. That should help with the smell.

slushiemom

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 2:08 am
ok, I LOVED that video of the australian invention Smile

I tell my highly competitive five year old that it's a game and if he misses the toilet he loses Smile

it still doesn't help always, and I HATE that my bathroom always reeks!

Zus

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 2:13 am
myself wrote:
Same problem here. Boys! There always seems to be some other lousy excuse why the seat isn't dry after they've finished. I keep promising to get them something nice if it stays clean all week but it ain't seem to be happening.

At this point although I still hope they'll get the hang of things soon enough I keep reiterating that if they make a mess for whatever reason then they must wipe it up themselves. I don't police them all the time so of course it's often overlooked but that's the main message now. Clean up after yourself!!

Give me vinegar over urine any time.

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 2:11 pm
EVERYONE in our house is required to sit to use the toilet Twisted Evil .
This does not exclude males of any age.
Finished.

naomi2

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 5:18 pm
my son pushes his p**** down with his finger while he pees, so it almost always goes in the bowl. are they doing that already?

sky

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 6:53 pm
naomi2 wrote:
my son pushes his p**** down with his finger while he pees, so it almost always goes in the bowl. are they doing that already?

They certainly are. But they are tired and spaced out and stop too early or don't start on time or forget.

In fact, one time when I took my ds to the bathroom in the middle of the night instead of his father, he got mad at me and in the middle of holding himself down into the toilet he started spraying the entire bathroom, on purpose, like a hose, and I think he got every corner.

manhattanmom

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 8:36 pm
a little bit of blue food coloring so when he goes, the water turns green.

Davida

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 8:42 pm
Was gonna suggest was haleyaskins suggested above, if the boy holds on to the cover, he is automatically in a slant and it can only go in the toilet....

naomi2

Post Sun, Jun 10 2012, 12:13 am
sky wrote:
naomi2 wrote:

They certainly are. But they are tired and spaced out and stop too early or don't start on time or forget.

In fact, one time when I took my ds to the bathroom in the middle of the night instead of his father, he got mad at me and in the middle of holding himself down into the toilet he started spraying the entire bathroom, on purpose, like a hose, and I think he got every corner.

im sorry, I spoke too soon. my son woke up dry this morning and was still sleepy when he peed and even though he tries to push it down, it went ALL OVER. I tried to help him in the middle and I just made it worse. oh well, that's what windex is for....

buzz

Post Sun, Jun 10 2012, 12:18 am
My kids just sit down...

My older boy (4.5) could stand because he wouldn't make a mess but I told him not at home... for now
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers