Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Spinoff- Satmar responses please to Deborah Feldman
Previous  1  2

ektsm

Post Sun, Sep 09 2012, 2:35 pm
I read the book. I felt so bad for her husband, Is it possible for him to ever get re-married or live a normal life? I just don't know how someone could expose a former spouse like that.

BTW I read somewhere that there "is no place for divorcees in Satmar." There must be divorced individuals that re-marry and find happyness. I would love to hear from them.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Sep 09 2012, 2:52 pm
ektsm wrote:

BTW I read somewhere that there "is no place for divorcees in Satmar." There must be divorced individuals that re-marry and find happyness. I would love to hear from them.

That is sooo not true. My sister remarried close to 2 years ago. After waiting for her get close to two years and less than a year layer she was happily remarried.

My sister in law remarried about 12 years ago after a failed first marriage. She has a daughter from her first husband. I have a friend (from the summers in the Catskills) who is happily remarried and I know lots of other ppl.

It does happen. It's just not sooo common....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics