Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Urgent: Advice or Thoughts
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 10:45 pm
*hugs* to OP.

I don't know where you are located, but in the Brooklyn area, Avi Fishoff- the power behind Home Sweet Home, is someone you should get in touch with ASAP. He deals with such teens and has tremendous siyata d'shmaya and success.

In addition to a home for boys, he has support groups for parents of teens at risk. He works very much with LullaBelle's philosophy- unconditional love.

It's one thing to hear it, but he's the one who will teach you to put it in practice. I have seen it work over and over again with the worst of cases. Teens like your son (and worse!) have turned their lives around with his way of thinking.

I urge you to contact him- even if you are not in Brooklyn, he's someone who can change everything for your son if you are willing to listen to his advice.

Email him- twistedparenting AT gmail.com

Hatzlocha rabba.

ElTam

Post Mon, Oct 15 2012, 12:28 am
OP, I know you are going through a lot, but please don't give up on your child. My cousin at 16 was a drug addict, stole to support her habit. Failed in-patient rehab twice. Showed up drunk to school with a cup with vodka and OJ in it.

Fast-forward, she owns her own business, owns her own home, is in a stable relationship, has a bachelor's and a master's in her chosen field.

Yes, you have to give tough love and protect yourself, but a kid who is a disaster at 16 can turn out okay with the right help and intervention (and of course, a desire to change).

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 10:39 am
amother wrote:
I don't know where you are located, but in the Brooklyn area, Avi Fishoff- the power behind Home Sweet Home, is someone you should get in touch with ASAP. He deals with such teens and has tremendous siyata d'shmaya....

Can anyone clarify with examples of what he advises, that makes his approach different?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 1:31 pm
amother wrote:
Can anyone clarify with examples of what he advises, that makes his approach different?

Please check the dates when posting. This thread is three years old.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 2:38 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Please check the dates when posting. This thread is three years old.

I T O T A L L Y realized how old this thread is. It touches upon a topic that I am very into NOW. Avi Fishoff, amush, is very very involved with kids now in the present, just as he was then. My question is very apropos. His approach hasnt changed, I just wanted some details from people who worked with him over the years.

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 6:44 pm
amother wrote:
I T O T A L L Y realized how old this thread is. It touches upon a topic that I am very into NOW. Avi Fishoff, amush, is very very involved with kids now in the present, just as he was then. My question is very apropos. His approach hasnt changed, I just wanted some details from people who worked with him over the years.

You would be better off starting a new thread with your question. Many people just answer the OP without bothering to read the rest of the thread, so piggybacking on this thread may not help you.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children