Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
What do you think of the 2 new Binah serials?
  Previous  1  2  3  17  18  19

Sara255

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 4:12 am
I can't wait to buy the book! I didn't follow the serial, I just had to put up with my mother having major anxiety and depression for about three weeks when Gella was dying in childbirth! (My husband and father are amazed how wrapped up we get in these stories but it's all part of the fun Smile )

motherhen

Post Sun, Oct 28 2012, 3:35 pm
phew! I can finally re-enter the land of the living; I have finished the entire, and I mean ENTIRE full harvest from "the silent cemetery squatted in the burgeoning spring like a blighted patch of wheat in the fields"....to "and the leftover borscht from supper'" and I even read the historic content...I have not been so obsessed with a book since harry potter and thts saying something. thought I wudnt enjoy the novel version as much cuz I already knew what was gonna happen but I absolutely loved it. was able to enjoy the writing more since I wasnt as anxious to find out wats gonna happen adn if everyone will make it and I loved rereading all my favorite parts..."im not an omelet" "like taking off one coat and putting on another" sam and pa's convo in the field, rosie and gella looking for knippel in stable. ben adn rosies midnight convo. pretty much every convo between sam and gella thts not abt rabbi...some of those too...gella and rosie under table eating radishes. talking abt fave foods. ("so as not to confuse readers as gella enthuses over gala"- LOL ) when broniale is finally born...oh and "widow polin cackled-she actually cackled" Wink I cud go on and on but il leave some other faves for dif ppl to write in...anyone else finish it and loved it???

and scotty if ur around, I see u have a hard time letting go of ur characters. hence the sukkos story. loved it. will we be seeing any more of pace and liza?

id love to see some sort of closure with benjamin...did he ever marry? tht wasnt clear in clandestined...

k now I can go back to laundry adn supper and entertaining kids...sure my fam will b happy to have me back Very Happy

LikeMeDoes

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 8:59 am
BH

Just got my copy and the only way to describe it is that it's an absolute brick! Really looking forward to reading it!

motherhen

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 8:22 pm
hey scotty, heard thru the grapevine that ur new serial's starting in Jan.
counting down the weeks...or rather the Binahs...

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 9:19 pm
motherhen wrote:
hey scotty, heard thru the grapevine that ur new serial's starting in Jan.
counting down the weeks...or rather the Binahs...
Yay, it's about time! I'm not so into any of the serials in any of the magazines right now, and Binah's two are too similar to each other to really appreciate either. I guess that means something else is going to end shortly, though? Neither seems to be getting so climactic yet, does that mean we're headed for one of those annoying abrupt crash landings?

motherhen

Post Mon, Nov 26 2012, 8:34 pm
well the song of the sparrow has been going on for quite some time and pretty much all we've been waiting for to happen has already, or is abt to...uncle jo showed up, reesa came out of her shell, Gedaliah's ready to start dating and hindys sis is home from sem-just a coupla scenes left to tie up all the loose ends and we shud b ready for a good juicy scotty serial! Very Happy
Page 19 of 19   Previous  1  2  3  17  18  19 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room