Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Preschool in kew garden hills NY

israeli83

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 8:40 pm
I'm just wondering if anyone has kids that go to the preschool that is in the same building of Young Israel synogogue in Kew Garden Hills. I have a 20 month old and I know that he's still young but I'm thinking of enrolling him to this preschool when he'll be 3 years old. I'd just like to hear from other moms if this is a good school and how much it costs.

morah

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 9:06 pm
I don't send there (I believe you're talking about Judi's), but I know some of the teachers and I know people who send there and hear lots of good things. I hear they have a looooong wait list to get in, so maybe you're not crazy to start thinking about it now Smile

be good

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 9:12 pm
Judy's Nursery
my sister taught there a while back- its supposed to be really great.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 9:32 pm
Judi's Nursery
718-520-1324
It's a great program. 3s are more expensive than 4s, because 4s get UPK funding. You should call right after Succos the year before you want your child to go. They are also opening a camp this year, you may want to send your dc to that also

amother

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 10:30 pm
Your talking about Judis. They have a good rep but are kind of full of themselves IMO. They often refer to their program as the "Harvard" of preschools, with a price tag to match. For the 3s program, your looking at over 6k and for the 4s, just under 6k. I just called them a few weeks ago. Thanks, but no thanks.

Anon so I dont "out" my screen name as a KGH dweller!

israeli83

Post Sun, Dec 09 2012, 9:07 am
Thanks for the replies.
Yes, I was talking about Judi's preschool. For those of you that have kids over there, how was the whole admission process? They just told me I should ask for an application around september/october and it will be for the year ahead. I was just watching a documentary about preschools in NYC and how they have a waiting list and interviews and how it's difficult to put your child in a good preschool! So does this preschool also conduct interviews before? and how do they treat bilinguals since my child hears three languages at home. I speak to him in Hebrew but he hears me and my husband speaking in english... so I'm wondering how he'd do in a school if I haven't spoken to him in english. Although, I still have more than a year to prepare him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers