Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
High Chair
Previous  1  2

acccdac

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 1:10 am
mommy of boys wrote:
I actually never ordered the hook covers cuz I keep my chair against the wall and no-one usuallt goes near there. I also dont use the hooks either cuz I leave the tray on the chair all the time.

I'm curious to know when you find the need to keep the tray off the chair and on a table?

ps I will NOT be getting any commission if you do decide to buy ths highchair Wink

I usually take the tray off to get my child out. Either they're nice and snug and strapped in or if they are a reck it's easier to deal with the dirt without the dirty tray in the way.

Laughing Bag!

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 2:58 am
The "prince castle" high chair they have in grey now with grey tray. Its more rounded and looks hide and neat OP is right it isn't stylish its a nice small built convenient and Imo practical.

acccdac

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 9:04 am
Btw...also had the papa prima and I liked that one, it was just a pain to clean for pesach. After using it with a few children I trashed it before pesach instead of cleaning it, and bought a booster/high chair piece that attaches to a chair. I was happy it took up less of my space but its definitely NOT a stylish, feel good high chair

LittleRed

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 9:47 am
The boon is easy to clean but I've heard it isn't comfortable because it has no padding.
I have the Graco 3-in-1 in Flint. I don't know what you consider to be stylish, and it isn't a girly look but the colors are sleek and sophisticated.

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 9:57 am
The boon has light padding that wipes clean like a dream. I don't think kids with diapers need more than that Smile My ds loved it and still occasionally asks to sit in it, so it can't be too uncomfortable.

EmesOrNT

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 1:36 pm
The Boon has a removable gel like padding. My sister has it, and its so sleek, and practical. She has a tiny apartment and it fits nicely. Its similar to the princess castle in design, but soooo much more stylish and modern.

persephonefalls

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 3:12 pm
Another vote for the Boon Flair! We LOVE ours, and everyone who comes to our house and sees it always oohs and aahs over it, because it looks so cool.

My favorite things about it:

-sleek, elegant appearance
-super easy to clean (it has a padded insert that wipes clean and comes out easily to wipe down the rest of the seat)
-the tray is smaller than most standard high chair trays, which means my kids can actually reach everything on the tray
-two tray inserts, both dishwasher safe (and fit in the dishwasher!) so easy milchig/fleishig separation
-It doesn't tilt back, which some people would dislike, but we love--it helps my kids sit up and eat better.
-It moves around pretty easily (there are wheels under the base) and also locks into place
-Because it has a solid base instead of legs, there's much less hazard of tripping over it.
-It raises and lowers really easily, so when my daughter decided she wanted to sit at the table, we just lowered it to table height, and pulled her over.

It is kind of expensive, but we got ours for around $100 on craigslist. When we tried the buckles, one of them was cracked! I called the company, and was 100% upfront with them--I told them I got it used, and the buckle was cracked--and they immediately offered to send me a replacement for free, and they did! So their customer service is pretty impressive too.

cm

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 4:03 pm
I haven't used a high chair in a number of years, and I don't even recognize the brands and models being discussed (prince castle? never heard of it) but I can chime in with a few observations:

1. Wheels: not a good idea. High chairs are fairly lightweight and easy for an adult to move around. Wheels make them easy for a young child to move around, and are a recipe for an accident, especially if you have stairs or any uneven flooring in the area where the chair will be used.

2. Tilting seat: not necessary at all, unless you have bottle-fed multiples or a physical condition that keeps you from holding the baby properly. If you bottle feed (and I strongly recommend breastfeeding, but that's a conversation for another day), please hold your baby. If the baby is ready for solid food, the seat should not be tilted.

3. Seat cover: fabric looks pretty, but isn't practical. I don't know what is considered "stylish" anymore, but in my day it was fabric seat covers. Sure, they're washable, but do you want to do laundry after every meal and snack?

4. Features: if you can, go to a large store such as Babys-R-Us and play with the chairs. How hard is it to get the tray on and off? How do you fasten the straps? A hands-on demonstration can be very helpful in making a choice.

5. Tray: if you plan to use the dishwasher, make sure it will fit. Many of them are dishwasher-safe but really too huge for the dishwasher. I personally like the larger trays that help minimize the rain of food debris over the side.

6. Used items: check here http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/ for recall notices. Some clever sales features turn out to be really not such good ideas after all.

7. ETA: Cleanability: look for nooks and crannies that will be hard to wipe down. Personally, I don't care for cup holders or other unnecessary indentations.

Happy shopping!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics