Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Breastfeeding vs Pumping
Previous  1  2

gryp

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 9:43 am
Quote:
gr u sound great to me. do u have any kids that need babysitting.
I dont understand u . I have lots of women who nursed their babies and left their kids bye me. eighter they brought in formalla or they brought in pumped milk. as long as they sucked on a bottle I didnt mind. the kids were happy. I was happy. in fact most of my clients nursed their babies for 2 yrs or more. I support your nursing . but my cleints have to support my peace and tranquilty.
I cant stand crying and hungry babies. so if u want to leave a baby bye me . u better make sure that the baby can take . or can be taught to take a bottle.

I dont think you saw what I wrote.
I'm not even nursing Rolling Eyes, my 10 month old has been on formula for about 3 months now.

shalhevet

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 9:48 am
GR wrote:

Quote:
It's not fair to leave a babysitter with a hungry baby. (and it's not fair to the baby either)

mummyof6, I would switch that around:
"its not fair to leave a hungry baby. and its not fair to the babysitter either."

GR, Thumbs Up - I stand corrected.

And I think Raizy was actually replying to my post.

gryp

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 9:59 am
oh, that makes sense.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 11:59 am
raizy wrote:

now I did not say that I fed/feed a newborn that amount .my newborn ate around 7.5 ml at each feed. in fact the nurse thought that I was underfeeding my baby. and wanted me to feed more ofthen. like every 2 hrs vs every 3 or 4 . the most my kids ever ate was 6 onces at one shot.and that was at 3-4 months. so my kids are not overfed . I feed on demand. but not more then 4 hrs bye day. and at night I am still trying to give one bottle. he drinks as much as he wants. when he doesnt want anymore I put him back to bed and I throw out hte rest of the bottle. some nights he drinks more some nights he drinks less. I feed on demand. and he is gaing very nicely.

Well, every 2 hours sounds right for a newborn....especially if breastfeeding, which you said you did for the first 10 weeks.
And no baby should have more than 6 ounces at one shot, so don't feel bad about that Smile
As long as he gains, it's good Smile

tulips

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 12:03 am
deleted

Last edited by tulips on Sat, Feb 10 2007, 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

chavs

Post Thu, Jan 11 2007, 1:54 pm
To the original poster.
I would be so upset if I were you! Why didnt she call you and asked you what to do, if she thought your baby was hungry?

Could you try and increase your supply? I know there are some herb called Fenugreek is supposed to be really good for that.
drinking is also really important and in hot weather probably both you and your baby need to drink more.

Good luck

Quote:
And I feel like some bottle feeding mothers are irrational Rolling Eyes

Quote:
I just find that some nursing mothers are a bit irrational!!!

I dont think the above statements were neccesary. It has to do with the babysitter who went against the mothers wishes. If the sitter thinks the baby is starving she should be in touch with the mother and not do somethign she davka didnt want.

If I told my sitter not to do something and they did it, there would be a telling of and if it happened more then once I propably would fire her, ebcause I would feel thatI couldnt trust her.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics