Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Living room paint colors
Previous  1  2

avimom

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 9:39 pm
don't really have furniture or décor yet, it's a new house... we have a black leather couch and a cherry-wood bookshelf but no dining room furniture yet. Don't want to go the modern route with décor though, probably more typical/ timeless...

mommydearest

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 10:18 pm
Did antique white with white trim. Looks very classic.

avimom

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 10:29 pm
Does the antique white look pinkish to you?

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 10:38 pm
Amethyst or dove grey paint.

avimom

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 11:15 pm
are those very gray "in style" colors?

copypaste

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 1:41 am
Grey color is the style now. But if you wanna go in the beige family try BM 1073.

minnie mouse

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 1:49 am
I painted my dining room cedar key. I think its beautiful

amother

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 6:41 am
Mysterious

amother

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 6:43 am
amother wrote:
Mysterious

We are in the process of painting. This is the color the decorators picked out. It is a almost blackboard color. We did decorator white for the ceiling and white for the trim.

avimom

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 9:36 am
that cedar key looks nice... mysterious is VERY dark- I def. don't have enough windows for that...
I think we're going with Manchester tan at 75%. thanks all!

penguin

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 2:11 pm
here is a linkto an analysis by decorating experts of various neutral paint colors

granolamom

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 3:14 pm
avimom wrote:
sorry for the continuous posting- just "thinking out loud". Granolamom- if you don't like the Navajo white, which color would you do instead? Do you think you would like the Manchester tan better?

truth is, on my computer screen, I like them both. in my kitchen, NW is very yellow. but then again, I have a very old kitchen, last updated in the 70's so the floor is yellow and brown, the cabinets have a yellowish tone, etc. we also have terrible lighting in there, its a northwestern exposure with small windows, low ceilings.
now, my living room (linen white) has huge windows and south eastern exposure, so the linen white is all washed out in there. I'm learning as I go Smile
I think these colors look so different in different spaces. the only way to have a good guess is to paint a large swatch and see how you like it. My bedroom color looks gold on the screen and in the store (forgot the name though) and in my bedroom it looks like the same color as a latte. I love it in there. we tried it in the dining room and it was hideous.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 3:19 pm
avimom wrote:
Ok, so now it's between Manchester tan at 75% (the full was too dark but told this is in style...) or Navajo white (which is kind of yellow though...). I've painted samples and still can't decide!!! Advice or opinions?? Thanks!

Mysterious amother here: we did the ceilings in the bedroom in Navajo White. They don't look yellow. They look sort of creamy grayish beige. They go very nice with creamy grayish colors.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 3:21 pm
amother wrote:
Mysterious amother here: we did the ceilings in the bedroom in Navajo White. They don't look yellow. They look sort of creamy grayish beige. They go very nice with creamy grayish colors.

We did one bathroom in ceder key which works well with a Navajo white ceiling.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics