Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Cruise control
Previous  1  2

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 12:51 pm
mille wrote:
My apologies. Perhaps you should have been upfront about that to begin with. I was under the impression you were looking for advice on planning a vacation, because many people find cruises to be awesome (myself included, obviously).

There is medication you can take for seasickness. They give it away for free on the ship, but you can bring your own. The kind on the ship is the once-a-day type pills. There are also 'seabands' wrist bands that have a pressure point setup that prevents seasickness. Also green apples and ginger help. If you have to go and don't want to, might as well not be miserable. Also, when you feel woozy, look out at the horizon. It helps your brain adjust to the movement (seasickness is just a miscommunication between your vestibular sense, which tells your brain that your body is moving, and your visual system that doesn't perceive any movement because the world around you is not moving).

If you have to go, make the best of it!

My grandmother absolutely loved cruises, even though she suffered from terrible seasickness. The medication BH really helped her and she cruised at every opportunity!!

amother

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 12:52 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Problem may be minyan.

Yet another good point we would have to think and plan for.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 1:01 pm
Fridge in your cabin?
If not do they provide decent plates? will they allow you to use their microwave or fridge?

amother

Post Sat, Feb 07 2015, 3:57 pm
mille wrote:

Some people tape the locking mechanism so it just doesn't lock (not very safe), some people ask the room attendant to open the door for them (not very viable if you need to get back in your room and no one is around, or it's burdensome to ask constantly).

It's forbidden on Shabbos to benefit from a melacha done by a non-Jew specifically for a Jew. So this wouldn't work.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions