Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
We Missed You, Imamother!
Previous  1  2

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 12:32 am
I did 3 loads of laundry and organized some stuff around the house. which I kept pushing off and wouldn't have done it so fast.

I was also so scared when I saw it said to check back daily.

I refreshed the page like every ten seconds.

Squash

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 1:22 am
Down said it all - I have nothing to add.

Green - I thought they banned me too!! embarrassed

At some point during the day I was thinking that the meet that Ten is organizing will never happen - if they're talking about DAYS???!!!!???!!!

Even my husband kept asking me what's up with the site! Guess he was afraid the withdrawal would start kicking in!!! Very Happy

technic

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 3:49 am
yael - bshaa tova Very Happy

MOM222

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 6:23 am
Yael if you dont mind can you pm too?

You have to find advertisers that dont need to see any sales from this site.
ex: kedem, empire chicken, tnuvah, J&J.

Maybe someone can volunteer their time to send out emails or make phone calls.

brooklyn

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 7:51 am
Squash wrote:
Green - I thought they banned me too!! embarrassed

Wow that is scary, I guess I wasn't the only one who thought they were banned.

Ima'la

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 8:29 am
Yael, a big, big THANK YOU to you and your husband for this amazing site...Thanks for putting so much work into it so that so many women can enjoy and benefit from it...and I hope that a solution will be found soon so that you will be able to sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor!!!!! (Speaking of which, b'sha'a tova!)

withhumor

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 9:15 am
MOM222 wrote:

You have to find advertisers that dont need to see any sales from this site.
ex: kedem, empire chicken, tnuvah, J&J.

That’s not the problem because I have contacts for the entire kosher food industry. They only need to be convinced that something will come out of a sponsorship, and then they’re ready. We need some creative things to say, then I can do the rest.

Did you guys know that koshericecream.com has e-cards? Maybe we can integrate it into imamother… maybe they will advertise. Would you use it?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 9:54 am
Haven't any of you ever been banned from a board before? Believ eme - they don't tell you to check back!

amother

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 10:16 am
I don't think advertisers do well on here because from reading all these posts one can tell that people on this site tend to not have that much disposable income. That's just the reality of it.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 10:25 am
I bought three skirts from Style J and returned one . . and didn't like the other two - theyonly give you 2 weeks for returns - so I'm out over $100. Makes you think twice ..........

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 10:27 am
chocolate moose wrote:
Haven't any of you ever been banned from a board before? Believ eme - they don't tell you to check back!

Hey chocolate moose ... before it said check back ... it said sorry imamother.com is not available ... one could take it as only for them ... if they are paranoid - whether or not they have reason to be

Mevater

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 11:35 am
Yael wrote:
.........I am relying on you, our members, to help us make Imamother into an income producing website, so that we can make it better for you.......I am looking forward to finding a solution together.
Letsbehonest here, Very Happy
Being that advertisers here don't feel they're increasing sales as a result of being here (possibly because we like to buy what we see, unless we're buying appliances and the like), there ought to be a memership fee. If you come up with a yearly budget and divide that by members (some of which might not want to stay if they have to pay) that might solve your problem.

Many of us definitely WOULD pay a membership fee, if it's affordable.

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 11:37 am
chocolate moose wrote:
I bought three skirts from Style J and returned one . . and didn't like the other two - theyonly give you 2 weeks for returns - so I'm out over $100. Makes you think twice ..........

I had similar problems... or was waiting to see if Had enough money that month go purchase an outfit from one of the sponsors... then the sponsor was gone! It's like they only bought for amonth or something, then gone...

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 12:00 pm
That could be MM. Maybe if Yael had enough come an d go busines, that wouldn't be bad either.

Green, I guess you've never been banned before. That's not the message that s/o who is banned would get! Trust me !!!!!

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 12:03 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

Green, I guess you've never been banned before. That's not the message that s/o who is banned would get! Trust me !!!!!

There is always a first time - how would I have known?!?!?

Flowerchild

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 12:58 pm
Quote:
Many of us definitely WOULD pay a membership fee, if it's affordable

dont assume this, whats affordable for you might not be affordable for someone else.

withhumor

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 1:54 pm
Although membership doesn’t scare me, it scares me that some valuable members may get intimated by the fees and not join! We need input from everyone!

I highly recommend a one time honorary fee which is due as your stars grow. Sort of a medal of honor. I wonder though how many members break out into a new rank every day. I have no way of checking.

Ima'la

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 2:16 pm
The idea of a membership fee occured to me, but from what I've seen on the site, I think it might end up excluding ladies who need this site the most. Also, it wouldn't be practical to charge very steep fees, and the membership list didn't look long enough to me to pay a full-time salary if the fees are reasonable. OTOH, maybe if it's combined with increased advertising...and maybe it could be a "suggested fee/donation" so as not to exclude those who really really benefit from this site but would have a hard time avoiding fees...

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 4:40 pm
if people may be scared off by a membership, maybe it could be the first 30 days free and then a small fee....you'll be so hooked you'll want to pay the few dollars!
I understand that's not enough to support a family, but it should help a little.

ps everyone...check out "donate" on the sidebar and give a little!

raizy

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 11:47 pm
yael busah tovah and I hope your move will easy for u.

as for membership u ladies make me laugh. alot of ladies over here dont have enough money for day to day things never mind membership fees for some site. !!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics