Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Going to israel

mother of 2 princess's

Post Mon, Apr 25 2005, 6:54 pm
well I havnt been to israel for about 10 years. I would love to go but I just feel so nervos with all the suicide bombers. I have two close freinds weddings there. 10 days apart. I cant go for both. actually one of them I made the shidduch. I have made my mind up if I go which one I want to go for. I knkow the other freind will be upset with me.

the problems are
a nervos to go to isreal
too expensive for us all to go
if I just go with hubby got knowere to leave yonger child
cant take one without the other
and if I go alone nervos to travel alone
help!!!!!!!!!

Pearl

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 5:41 am
hi manda - wow, so many issues!

re suicide bombers.....I don't know where you are going, or how you are travelling. personally I refrained from taking busses, as this was the thing I was most afraid off. no guarantees of course, but same goes for being in traffic period. most ppl in israel unfortunately die in road accidents....
I tried to not allow fear to control my life, that's the best you can do I think.
it never will keep me away from israel, we still visit once a year, and would visit more if finances would allow it!

finances are a tough one. if you can't afford to go together, and don't have where to leave your children, then it looks pretty much like a done deal - you'll have to go alone.
you will be fine! you will probably enjoy it soooo much, and time will fly!
you can always pm me if you would like.....

Didi

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 11:45 am
Go to Israel. It is no less dangerous to cross the streets in NY. I am going to end my post right here cuz I know If I get started I will really get started. Go to Israel do not fear. Both my siblings are there for pesach with their inlaws. Enjoy yourself and Mazel Tov on the weddings.

Pearl

Post Wed, Apr 27 2005, 6:35 am
btw, iyh we will move back to israel within 5 years, maybe sooner.

I hope you will go, manda, I think you will have a fab time!

oh, and about going to the one and not to the other - I hope the kallah you don't go to will understand that is just not possible for you to be away from your family for longer than a week (I gather you don't want to go for 2 weeks?) - it's a most legit reason!

Tefila

Post Wed, Apr 27 2005, 7:44 pm
Quote:
It is no less dangerous to cross the streets in NY.

Actually it's probably safer in Israel then anywhere else in the world atleast you are w/h jews who care!

1stimer

Post Thu, Apr 28 2005, 3:45 am
Freilich, have you seen the way they drive in Israel?????

supermom

Post Thu, Apr 28 2005, 7:04 am
ha ha yes the way they drive they are crazy safe how much safer with those drivers especially on the highway. and as for going why not go for both weddings ten days is not a lot one week is to fast. take my word for it and go alone. I have been living here almost three years I walk or take taxi's every were I don't take buses unless it is a bus like the ones going to our yishuv and back of course. traveling alone well, sometimes you got to do what you got to do. everyone okay a lot of people hate traveling alone. it is up to you of course to do what you want and what ever you do hatzlacha rabba.

Pearl

Post Thu, Apr 28 2005, 8:25 am
ha, the israeli traffic!
after living in israel for many years, whenever I would be visiting here in europe, no one would get in the car with me, I adapted to the israeli way too much they said!
then we moved here, and when I went after 15 months for my first visit back in israel, I got migraines every time I drove!

manda, I agree with supermom, as you do have to travel a long way and so much organisation is involved, maybe you should consider going for 2 weeks???????

supermom

Post Thu, Apr 28 2005, 8:39 am
two weeks is a bit to much to expect her husband to care for her kids but ten days is better it is only one shabbos not two. and it doesn't seem to long as if she would be going for two whole weeks. trust me I have done it twice with out a husband and this is what he claims and I think I would trust the person that is taking care of my kids.

supermom

Post Thu, Apr 28 2005, 8:40 am
oh by the way if you are already spending the money you should still consider going more than a couple of days.

IndyMom

Post Thu, Apr 28 2005, 9:15 am
Also, if you have friends in Israel, it might be more fun for you to come without your husband or children. I spent the day today in "town" with my sister shopping and talking. It is much harder with children when visiting since they need routines and naps and meals at set times. Luckily my husband delt with the kids today. You'll have a good time if you come for 10 days. longer you might miss your family to much, and shorter you might regret that you didn't take the oppurtunity to stay longer.

As far as safety - I didn't take busses when we were here two years ago and we spent a ton on cabs and eventually a rental car. This time my husband rented a car from the beginning but I refuse to drive in Israel, it is way to crazy - so when we seperate like this afternoon, he drops me off and I take busses to get home. I get nervous everytime, but I look around and see how fearless everyone else is and I realize that it is really up to Hashem to decide when and where a bomb will go off. I sit down adn get to my destination, and every time it gets a little less scary. My 80 year old grandparents have been taking busses for years - they were here before Israel became a state. they do not believe in living in fear. I try to emulate that when I can.

supermom

Post Thu, Apr 28 2005, 2:36 pm
you need to come to a level in order to believe in that I have tried but to no success I guess you need a high neshama to feel that way. your grandparents must be great people
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics